⋆𝒾𝓉 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝑜𝓀𝒶𝓎⋆

Andy had picked up the phone and typed in a number before looking over at Y/N breifly. Was he really calling Neil? Because if he was then it meant that.. that Jacob had finally come out on top of something.

Of course, it all depended on how it went in court, Laurie might not even be put away but at least that, now, there was chance that Jacob might get justice.

After looking at the look on Andy's face, she figured she should head upstairs. She knew that it wasn't going to be an easy phone call for him to make and she guessed that he might want to take it in private.

So she headed upstairs, walking slowly, trying to figure out if it was really happening. But, as she heard the first sentence come from Andy's mouth downstairs- she knew it was really happening.

"Hey, Neil, it's Andy.. I've been thinking about the case and.." He paused, "And I want to press charges.."

༄༄༄༄༄

The next day would forever remain vivid in Y/N's mind. She was surprised at how fast everything happened.

Laurie was in hospital so the charges couldn't be made at the police station, so the officers went to the hospital to explain the charges to her. Y/N knew how much of a shock that must have been for her. She wanted to know how she'd reacted, seeing as she wasn't there to watch it all happen. Maybe she accepted it, maybe she put up a fight..

But it didn't matter, she'd be going on trial as soon as she was well enough to leave the hospital. Or that was what Andy had told her at the kitchen table the next morning.

He stirred his coffee slowly, watching it go round and round. Y/N watched him and frowned a little, pitying him. She had a feeling he wouldn't be quite back to normal anytime soon, even when the trial was over. But she hoped that he'd be okay, at some point, he was basically the father she'd never really had.

Later that day, Y/N had gone to visit Jacob at the hospital. She'd taken a cab, Andy was too busy drinking beer after beer on the living room couch.

She walked down the hall and passed the officers who had informed Laurie of the charges as they walked down the halls. They looked at her, longer than she assumed most passing people did. Maybe they recognised her from the news, or maybe they were wondering why she looked so shocked when she'd seen them.

She walked into Jacob's room and smiled at the sight she saw. Jacob was sitting up in bed, some wires had been taken off of him and he was poking at some food on a tray in front of him. He looked up as she walked into the room and his eyes lit up, smiling.

"Hey." He looked at her as she sat in the seat besides his bed. "I uh.. I saw some officers here earlier, coming out of moms room. And, well, nobody's told me anything.." He looked at her, trying to see if she was going to tell him the news he'd been wanting to hear since he'd woken up from his coma.

Y/N just nodded and gave him a smile, reaching to take the hand that was holding the fork- prodding at the lumpy mashed potatoes on his tray. His eyes lit up and Y/N just wished that she could remember the look of sweet relief on his face forever.

"You managed to convince dad?.. I mean, I thought it would be impossible.. after the way he reacted yesterday." Jacob asked her, his face still beaming, but he looked a little sad as he remembered how his dad had just left.

"I didn't really need to convince him.. I think he already knew, deep down, he just needed to let himself believe it." She told him and squeezed his hands a little.

He smiled and looked back at his tray of food, letting it all sink in. He chuckled softly, "Man, this is one problematic family.." He grinned as he forced himself to eat some of the mashed potatoes on his tray.

Y/N laughed and smiled at him, nodding, "True.. I just can't wait to move away from here- start someplace new. I hope your dad will be okay though.."

Jacob turned to look at her with worried eyes as he squinted at her, "Dad? What's wrong with dad?" He asked. Y/N thought about the empty beer bottles sitting around the house and the sweat stains on his shirt that he'd been wearing for days on end. His beard had grown out of control and he definitely needed to wash his hair. But Y/N couldn't bring herself to tell Jacob exactly what was going on with him, he just needed to focus on getting better.

"Nothing, just stressed about everything that's going on. I'm sure he'll be better when you're back home, so you've got to get better soon, okay?" She smiled softly at him as she looked down at the food on the tray, "That doesn't look too great."

He laughed and shook his head, "No, it's not." He paused before grinning and flicking his fork over in her direction- splattering mashed potato on her.

"Jake!" She gasped and wiped it off of her face before laughing and flicking it back at him, a little landing on his nose.

Jacob giggled and wiped it off of his face and put it on a napkin next to his tray. "Sorry, sorry." He chuckled and smiled at her. "I've uh.. I've been wanting to talk to you about something.."

Y/N looked back at him and raised an eyebrow, urging him on.

He sighed a little and looked down, "I.. I know I'm really horrible to you sometimes.. and I-" He paused and bit his lip a little, his eyes filling with tears, "And I don't know why, sometimes.. these.. these moments I have, they happen and there's nothing I can do. As much as I don't want it to happen, it just does." A tear dripped down his cheek and he sniffled. "I know that something came up on those tests I took.. the ones that Joanna made me take, from that psychologist. And I know mom and dad don't want to tell me.."

Y/N looked at him and frowned a little, tensing up with nerves about what he might say to her.

"And I'm sorry.. Look, you're my best friend, okay? And.. and I don't mind if it will never be anything more than that but.. but I don't want this stupid thing to-"

Y/N leaned forwards to him and took his hand into hers, "Jake.. you've really scared me before, hurt me.. but I'm still here, right? You've- you've shoved me against counters, held onto me until you've left bruises and called me really, really, horrible things.. I don't know how you could do much worse than that." She gave him a small smile.

She'd been questioning herself for months, over why she'd stayed with him after everything he'd done to her. Why she'd forgiven him everytime he'd hurt her. Maybe there was some manipulation going on that she wasn't entirely aware of. But she figured that there was a simpler explanation, and that was that she loved him.

And she had a feeling she'd be with him for a long time.. Jacob, Andy and Y/N. Always there for eachother through everything. And she knew, that even though everything was crazy.. it would be okay. Because she had the best psycho best friend she could ask for and the best father figure she could ask for.

+++++++++++++++++++++
Guys this book is so close to ending :((
I just wanted to thank every single one of you who have read this book. I love reading your comments and seeing you vote, honestly you guys are the reason I've even kept writing this story <3

I'm working on a Jacob Thrombey story right now and I'll let you guys know when it's up!

Don't forget to vote :)))

Also let me know if there's anything you want to happen in this story, so I can add it before I end it <3