⋆𝐼 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇⋆

The alarm clock went off, from the floor Y/N could hear hear best friend Jacob groan- accompanied soon after by a thud as he hit the alarm to shut it up. The bed creaked as Jacob rolled over again, trying to go back to sleep.

Y/N knew better than to roll over and fall back asleep though, if she had a dollar for every time she did that- she'd be a billionaire by now, or at least be able to buy herself a few bags of chips. She sat up in her sleeping bag and yawned, stretching her arms and legs out. Boy was she tired, she knew it was a bad idea to stay up and play games with Jacob all night but she had done it anyway. She glanced over at Jacob, eyes still shut- she smiled at the sight for a reason she couldn't quite put a finger on.

On cue, the bedroom door opened and Mr Barber walked in. He spotted that Jacob was still not up and sent a gentle grin over in Y/N's direction who smiled back at him- knowing that Andy was going to have to wake Jacob up, as always.

Y/N pulled the sleeping back off of herself and grabbed her bag, pulling out her toothbrush and toothpaste before standing up and walking to the door. But she decided to stick around and watch Andy wake Jacob up, it always gave her a laugh first thing in the morning. 

"Come on, time to get up. Let's go, rise and shine." Andy said to Jacob as he stood next to his bed. Y/N chuckled a little, "Jake." There was still no response from the tired boy, still trying to get away with a few minutes of extra sleep, but that wasn't how it rolled around here, "Gotta see those eyes." Still no answer. Y/N couldn't help but let out a laugh, "Alright, you leave me no choice." 

And with that, Andy plonked himself down on Jake's bed- eliciting a groan from Jake who knew what was coming for him, "Last chance." Y/N knew Jacob wasn't going to accept the chance and she turned and headed to the bathroom, rock music coming from Jacob's room, along with groans. Y/N smiled to herself and counted down the seconds to when Jake would give in. Three, two, one.

"I'm up, I'm up." She heard Jacob mumble as the bed creaked as he sat up and she walked into the bathroom- getting ready for the day.

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N walked downstairs after she had made herself look presentable, which was always a bit of a challenge but Jacob always told her she looked fine and that comforted her a little. She was greeted by conversation with Mr and Mrs Barber. They were basically her second set of parents, Y/N never really knew her dad and her mom, well... her mom-

"I was thinking Mexico, I think it'd be really great." Mrs Barber explained and as Y/N walked into the kitchen, she saw that Jacob was a little too busy going over notes for class to listen to her. It didn't matter, Mrs Barber changed her attention to Y/N instead. "Y/N, how does Mexico sound?"

She smiled at Mrs Barber as she grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl, deciding that it would be a good enough breakfast. "I've never been, seen photos online though. It looks pretty nice." Y/N told her. Mrs Barber nodded and smiled.

"Would you fancy coming with us in the summer?" She asked, Y/N beamed at her, looking to Mr Barber for confirmation before smiling back at her and nodding.

"Yeah, yeah. Totally. I'd love to." Y/N grinned and took a bite out of her apple before grabbing her backpack from the table- where she'd have left it the night before. Jacob looked up from his notes and smiled at her before taking a bite from a waffle he was holding.

"Alright then. I can give you guys a lift if you want to?" Mrs Barber offered but before Y/N could answer, Jacob butted in and shook his head, grabbing Y/N's hand and pulling her towards the door.

"We'll walk, see you later." He answered as they stepped out of the door and into the driveway, closing the door behind them. Y/N smiled at him as they started walking. "So, Mexico. That'll be fun, especially because you're coming with us." Jacob smiled at her, she nodded in response. Y/N's phone beeped and she went to check her messages, the contact read- 'Ben♥'. Y/N smiled and carried on walking besides Jacob, head buried in her phone. 

Ben♥: Good morning, sleep well? xx

Y/N: Yeah I did thanks, see you later xx

Y/N quickly sent the response before putting her phone back into her pocket, noticing that Jacob had been looking over her shoulder the whole time. He looked away quickly before looking back. "So, how's Prince Ben this morning? Still an item then?"

Y/N laughed at Jacob's comment, shaking her head softly, "Wouldn't call us an item, not yet anyways. We're just, I don't know, talking a bit more." She responded. If she was being honest with herself, she didn't really feel all too much of a connection with Ben, he was just kind of hard to turn down. He was pretty cool and he liked her- and she'd be lying if she said they hadn't kissed a couple of times.

"Yeah, well-..." Jacob thought of how to finish but the feeling in his stomach was making him not want to talk about Ben anymore.

"But he's nice, to me, anyways. I was thinking of going to see him after school, maybe." Y/N told Jacob, just wanting to check that it was cool with him. Not that his opinion realistically mattered but Y/N always wanted his approval. Maybe because he was her best friend, or maybe it was because she-

"Yeah, sounds great." Jacob replied in a monotone voice. Y/N had a feeling he wasn't really okay with it. But they could talk about it in class, she smiled at him.

"Right, well I'm going to go to the corner store- to grab some sweets to keep me awake in class. Want to join me?" Y/N offered.

"No, it's fine, you go ahead. I'm going to go over my notes with sir before the quiz. Catch you later." Jacob smiled and squeezed her hand a little before letting go.

And with that, they went their separate ways...

++++++++++++++++++++

Hey! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter, don't forget to vote and comment!