⋆𝒶-𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒⋆

Y/N walked down the street, her phone pressed up to her ear. She hoped the person would pick up the call. There was no way in hell she was staying with the Barber's. Andy was the only decent person in the entire house. But even he wasn't worth staying for. Jake was a creep, a stupid, mean, hormonal teenage boy who only ever cared for her body. Laurie was a controlling and biased bitch, Y/N couldn't stand to be around her for a moment longer. No matter how bad Jacob wanted to apologise, Y/N didn't want to hear it. He'd been given enough chances to apologise and mean it, and he'd messed up everyone of those chances. He'd have to go through the trial for Ben's murder without her support.

The phone rang in her ear, she sighed as she knew it was moments before it would go to voicemail. She almost gave up, but then a voice came from the other side of the phone.

"Hello?" The voice asked, they sounded kinda tired. Y/N hadn't realised it was already getting dark.

"Hey. Remember how you said I should call if I needed anything?" Y/N asked.

"Oh, Y/N. Hey, yeah I remember. Anything I can do for you?" Derek responded, immediately sounding more awake.

"Yeah well I.. I need a place to crash. I can't be around those people a moment longer. Can you help me out?" Y/N asked hopefully.

She heard Derek paused for a few moments and Y/N feared he'd say no. She had no idea what she'd do if he couldn't have her stay with him. She'd have to sleep on the park bench, or something. Her other options weren't really options, she didn't want the Barbers and she didn't want her mom. Well, her mom didn't really want her. "Yeah, yeah I can help. You can drop by my place if you want. My mom won't mind."

Y/N smiled and sighed softly, relieved she had somewhere better to go. Derek was nice to her, most of the time, well- he was nicer than Jake anyways and that was something.

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N knocked on Derek's front door and Derek opened it within moment, he'd clearly been waiting for her to arrive. Y/N smiled at him and he returned the smile, stepping aside to let her in.

As she walked into his house, she saw his mom making dinner, she gave a small wave to his mom, "Hey, I'm Y/N." His mom looked over at her and gave her a welcoming smile.

"Oh hey sweetie, glad you could make it! Derek's said a lot about you." She told her.

Y/N gave Derek a look, a small blush on her cheeks. "Oh, really? All good I hope." She giggled softly.

His mom nodded and smiled, "Oh yes, very good. I'm making lasagna for dinner, is that okay with you?"

Y/N nodded as Derek took her hand and pulled her upstairs. Y/N already liked it here, it was way better than being at the Barber's. Derek's mom beat Jacob's mom any day. And Derek beat Jacob anyday.

༄༄༄༄༄

Later that evening, Y/N was getting ready for bed and she was laying in a sleeping bag, tying her hair up into a ponytail. Derek was sat on his bed, scrolling through instagram. Y/N laughed softly and Derek smiled and furrowed his brows at her. "What's funny?"

"I was just thinking, if I was tying my hair up in front of Jake, he'd probably find a way to sexualise it somehow." Y/N chuckled as she finished tying up her hair.

Derek laughed and put on a funny voice, his vowels being slurred in all the wrong directions. "OHh Y/N, aM i in FoR a trEat?" Derek laughed as he pretended to be Jake, it wasn't a half bad impression. Y/N giggled and nodded, as she lay down in the sleeping bad.

"Very accurate." She told him as she looked up at the ceiling, "You know I'm surprised your mom let me stay with you at such short notice."

"Oh please, she probably feels like she's being a good citizen by doing so. She most likely feels that she's saving you from a household of murderers."

Y/N laughed softly at the thought, "Well I appreciate it." She giggled to herself as she rolled over and shut her eyes, "Night, Derek." She heard the bed creak as Derek got comfortable too.

"Night, Y/N."

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N woke up and sighed softly as she opened her eyes, it was still dark. She pulled out her phone and checked it time. It was 2am. She had so many notifications, from Jake and Andy. She debated whether or not she should read the messages. It would probably stop her from sleeping, she was worried they'd make her feel bad. Well, Jake wouldn't, he was an ass and he'd just piss her off. But Andy was super nice, he'd never done anything mean to her. Andy would manage to make her feel guilty, not intentionally, but he would.

She sighed again and opened the messages from Andy, figuring she might as well read them.

Andy🙂
Hey kiddo, where did you go?
18:32

Just come back and we can figure something out, I won't let Laurie force you to talk to Jake
18:59

Can you at least tell me where you are so I can stop worrying?
19:30

Are you safe?
20:22

Kiddo please pick up
21:40

I can come and pick you up, you don't have to speak to Jake or Laurie
22:20

Kid?
00:04

Y/N sighed reading the messages, knowing she should have at least responded to Andy to tell him that she was okay. She couldn't help but feel bad about how much she must have freaked him out. She typed out a message.

Y/N <3
Sorry I didn't reply sooner
I've just been trying to figure out what to do.
I'm at Derek's place btw
His mom is letting me stay with them
Sorry for freaking you out
Laurie was just driving me insane
And I don't feel safe around Jake anymore
Delivered 02:09
Seen 02:10

Andy🙂
Well at least you're safe
You can come back at anytime
I'll speak to Laurie when you do
You won't have to deal with Jake
I promise, kiddo

Y/N <3
Thanks Mr Barber
Seen 02:12

Y/N sighed softly as she left her and Andy's conversation thread. Her finger hovered over Jacob's messages, figuring she should read his messages too. But a sudden urge not to over took her and she switched off her phone and layed down again.

++++++++++++++++++
Hey sorry I didn't update much today, I had to catch up on school work.

What should Y/N do now? <3

Don't forget to vote!