⋆𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝒹⋆

Y/N read through the the messages and stood up, staring at her phone. Derek looked up at her, raising an eyebrow. "Y/N? Everything okay?"

She nodded a little, "Yeah.. I hope." She said as she started to walk towards the door of the café. "I've uh, I've gotta go. Thank you for letting me stay with you.."

Derek stood up and followed her out of the restaurant, "Are you coming back?" He asked as he looked at her.

Y/N turned to look at him and shrugged, "I'm not sure.. I've got to sort some stuff out first." She smiled a little and hugged him before pulling away. Derek nodded at her and watched her walk away quickly. He really hoped that she was okay, and that maybe, she'd be back soon.

Y/N walked off down the street, she had to get back to the Barber's house. She knew that she had been hurt by them, Laurie and Jake- but she knew that she had to work it out with them. Jake's messages made her realise that.

Jacob🤥
Y/N where did you go?
Yesterday, 18:32

Please come back
Yesterday, 19:02

I'm so sorry for what I said
Yesterday, 19:49

Really, I am
Yesterday, 20:24

Y/N?
Yesterday, 20:58

Please just let me know if you're okay, I can't stop thinking about you, I'm so worried
Yesterday, 21:32

You can sleep in my room, I'll sleep on the couch if you don't want to stay with me, I don't mind
Yesterday, 22:21

God, please come back. I hate not being around you.
Yesterday, 23:01

I know I've been an asshole recently, I can't even blame it on the trial because I was an ass before that. But I can't stop thinking about those old times that we had together, like building blanket forts and pranking my dad. I've been distracted lately, I think it's hormones.
Yesterday, 23:37

I know I can't blame it entirely on hormones but come on, we both know they're out of control. I'm pretty sure Derek had the misfortune of discovering that.
Yesterday, 23:39

Anyways, about the stuff I said about you and Ben. I was wrong about that, whether you did stuff or not isn't my business and I shouldn't be an ass about it. It's not your fault I get jealous everytime you mention him.
Yesterday, 23:44

Please come back, you don't even have to talk to me. You can have my room, I'll sleep in the bathtub if it means that I know you're safe.
Yesterday, 23:47

Please? Nothing means anything without you. I don't feel anything without you. You're my favourite person in the entire world and I need you with me. I always want to be with you, always
Yesterday, 23:58

I love you
Yesterday, 00:06

Y/N smiled softly at the messages. She didn't forgive him completely, he was still an ass. And no matter how much he apologized, it wouldn't change what he did.

Y/N questioned why she was even walking back to the place she made such an effort to run away from. Seriously, it wasn't easy to climb out of that window. Part of her wondered whether Jacob actually meant everything that he said or whether he just said it so she'd go back home.

No matter what the reason for saying that stuff was, it worked because she was walking through the streets quicker than she'd done before. Ever before. Even when she was super late to school and had an important test first period. She hadn't walked that fast then.

Everything in the town made her think of Jake, she'd only ever really walked around that town with Jake. His parents always drove them around, buying them ice-cream and Andy pushing them on the swings. Although, that was years ago.

Thinking about it, his parents had always been there for her. Well Andy had. Y/N couldn't even remember a time when Andy hadn't been there to defend her and help her. She could name plenty of times where she'd wanted to push Laurie out of a window because she'd screwed her over. Jacob had always offered to help Y/N with those plans.

As she arrived in Jacob's street she started thinking about what on earth she was going to say. She knew Laurie would be mad, but she knew that Andy would calm her down. Or at least she hoped he'd be able to. Y/N debated whether she'd even talk to Jake. She didn't know how she'd react when she saw him.

As she got closer to the house, she looked at it and smiled a little, happy to be back. It wasn't her official home, but it was basically her home. She looked up at Jake's bedroom window and jumped a little as she saw him sitting on his windowsill. His eyes widened as he saw her walking towards the house. She stopped walking for a moment as their eyes met. She gulped nervously, but she smiled as she saw the way his eyes lit up at the sight of her.

He jumped off his windowsill and rushed away from the window. Y/N took a deep breath as she walked up to the door, listening to the stairs creaking loudly, Jacob's feet thudding loudly as he rushed down the stairs. If she listened closely, she could hear him shouting- "She's back! Y/N's back!"

And before Y/N could even knock, the door swung open- Jake standing there. He was breathing heavily from rushing to the door do quickly. They stood in a comfortable silence, just taking the sight of eachother in. Y/N could swear she saw Jake move his arms, as if to go in for a hug, before pulling them back to his sides.

Jacob let a smile spread across his face, a smile like the old ones he used to have. Before they always had a devious feel to them. Y/N gave a small smile in return, still not entirely sure of how to react.

As Jacob opened his mouth to speak, Andy came to the door and smiled at Y/N before wrapping her in a bear hug. "Hey, kiddo, how are you feeling?"

"Not too bad, thank you." Y/N smiled as Andy pulled away. Andy looked over his shoulder, spotting the look on Laurie's face before turning back to Y/N and Jacob.

"Uh, why don't you guys head upstairs for a moment. Let me just talk to Laurie, okay?"

Y/N nodded and stepped into the house, Andy closing the door after her. She looked over at Laurie who seemed to refuse to make eye contact with her. She rolled her eyes and looked at Jake who was already halfway up the stairs.

Well there went the option of avoiding him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yay, she's back. Permanently? Hmm, maybe, maybe not.

What do you think should happen next? Is there anything you'd like to see in future chapters?

Don't forget to vote!