⋆𝓅𝑒𝓇𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒𝓈⋆

Jacob leaned his head against Y/N's as they watched an episode of the office. They were both sat on his bed, under the blanket. His parents usually got nervous whenever that happened, hence they always made one of you sleep on the floor, but after the news they'd both received- they decided they could both use each others comfort. Mr Barber poked his head around the door, before walking in- smiling softly at the both of them as Mrs Barber followed behind.

"Hey, we just wanted to see how you guys were doing." Mr Barber said. Y/N smiled weakly and Jacob nodded, he was fine. Mr Barber looked at Y/N sympathetically.

"I'm okay, thanks, Mr Barber." Y/N responded as Jacob held her hand under the blanket, tracing circles on the back of her hand. 

"What about you, Jacob? How do you feel about it?"

Jacob shrugged, "I mean, it's okay, I guess. It's not like we were close friends or anything." He looked at Y/N, Mr Barber didn't have to ask Y/N if she was close to Ben. They all knew just how close they were.

"Was he nice to you?" Mr Barber asked Jacob, who shrugged again.

"I mean, he was okay. He was a bit of a jerk, to lots of people. Thought he was really cool, you know?" Jacob responded, Y/N knew that Jacob wanted to say more. Heck, he'd go on a whole-ass rant if Y/N wasn't there. But Jacob knew that Y/N liked him a bit more than he did, so he kept his comments to a minimum.

"But surely it feels strange, that someone you know was murdered?" Mrs Barber asked, the look on her face showing guilt as she saw that Y/N had looked away from both of them. Jacob noticed too.

"Like I said, we weren't that close."

Mrs and Mr Barber decided that they should stop asking questions about it and nodded and smiled at them both, "Alright well, we're both here if you want to talk." Y/N smiled at them both and nodded as they left the room before cuddling back up to Jacob.

"Sorry about them." Jacob said to her as he squeezed her hand a little bit. Y/N shook her head and sighed.

"No, it's fine, it's nice that they care about us." Y/N responded and looked back over at the TV.

Jacob's phone screen lit up, and he started typing out a message. Y/N, being one of the nosiest people she knew, couldn't help but look over and read the messages. He was talking to Derek.

Derek: I can't believe you'd rather hang out with her than me.

Jacob: She's upset about Ben, we can hang out tomorrow.

Derek: Yeah right. You guys are probably having sex or something. 

Jacob: EW, I'd never do that with her. So gross. 

Derek: True. But you'd still take her.

Jacob: Never, I'd rather die.

Y/N looked away from his phone quickly, trying not to make it obvious that she'd been reading the messages. Derek was an asshole, she'd know that for the longest time. But she was upset about what Jacob said, seriously, he'd rather die? Not that she would want to do that with him, obviously, but-

"I'm probably going to sleep soon, are you going to sleep up here tonight? My parents would probably let you, since you know.." Jacob said, looking at her and smiling a bit as he turned his phone off. Y/N shrugged and rolled over so she was facing away from him.

"Only if you want me too." She said. She did want to sleep in his bed with him, it was warm and cosy but she was still feeling kind of upset about what Jacob had said to Derek.

"Of course I do, I don't mind." Jacob told her, putting an arm around her torso and leaning his head in the crook of her neck. His hot breath tickling her a bit and no matter how upset or mad she was at him, she couldn't fight the smile spreading across her face.

"Night, Jake."

"Night, Y/N."

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N and Jacob woke up the next morning. Y/N had that strange feeling where she thought it was a Saturday before realising she had to get up for school. Y/N felt emotionally drained after yesterday but knew that she'd have to go to school regardless of how she was feeling. Besides, she knew Ben wouldn't want her to lay in bed all day feeling sorry for herself. 

Y/N sighed and strained her eyes as she checked her phone, Jacob was still asleep. His alarm hadn't gone off yet and she didn't want to wake him up. The whole of her feed was just posts about Ben, how amazing he was and how much he'd be missed. Y/N noticed that Ben had never even spoken to half to people who had posted about him and she scoffed a little.

Jacob groaned in his sleep, he was probably waking up and he pulled Y/N closer to him. Y/N smiled at the thought that she was probably keeping him warm, she had no idea why that thought made her smile so much but it did. He pressed his face into the crook of her neck and Y/N felt his lips touch her neck, a shiver going through her. A blush spread across her face and she thought she should wake Jacob up. But she kind of liked this- a lot.

Mr Barber ruined it though, he poked his head around the door and squinted in confusion as to what was going on, Y/N tried not to laugh as she saw how relieved he was when he realised they were just cuddling. 

He coughed a little and gave a look to Y/N before clapping loudly to wake Jacob up, "Come on kiddo, it's still a school day." Y/N felt Jacob sigh against her neck before he rolled away from her, sitting up. She followed him and sat up too, figuring she should get ready for school. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey! Thanks for reading this chapter, it was a bit of a filler, sorry! Also, comment your thoughts on episode 5 of Defending Jacob. I have some THOUGHTS.