⋆𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉⋆

Y/N and Andy had left the hospital, after being assured by the nurses that Jacob was okay and that he was freaked out about the accident- it was an awkward and painful drive home. They drove in silence, Y/N's cheeks were still wet with tears from witnessing Jacob's meltdown and Andy was just trying to focus on driving.

Y/N glanced over at Andy a few times and saw that his eyes were empty. Maybe he was starting to come to terms with what Y/N had told him earlier. That maybe the crash wasn't an accident, maybe his wife really did try to kill his son..

Andy and Y/N got out of the car after they'd parked in the driveway and walked inside of the house. Andy threw his car keys down on the counter and Y/N followed in behind him. She looked at him and waited for him to say something. But nothing came from him, nothing at all. So Y/N decided to ask him herself.

"Andy.. do you think-"

But Andy cut her off as he opened the fridge and got himself a can of beer again, "Just go to bed, kiddo, we can talk about this another time."

"But Andy, don't you think that we need to-"

"Kid, go to bed." He sighed and rubbed his eyes a little before walking into the living room. Y/N frowned a little bit and headed upstairs to Jacob's room.

She walked in and sat down on his bed, sighing as she leaned her head against the pillows and took her phone out from her pocket. She didn't have many notifications, which didn't surprise her because nobody was really talking to her anymore. Because she was friends with Jacob. And even though Jacob's case had been dropped, not everyone was feeling that he was as innocent as people said he was.

She opened instagram and scrolled through her feed, people from school were talking about the car crash. Y/N wondered how they'd all found out about it, but then again, news travelled pretty fast in a small town.

But she wasn't expecting to see the kind of things that she did. She figured they'd be gossiping about it, for sure, but people were saying really mean things about it.. and about Jacob.

"He deserved what he got."

"Karma gave Ben the justice that the court didn't."

"Jacob got what was coming to him."

Y/N could have scrolled through the comments for hours, reading all of the horrible things that people were saying about Jacob. She knew none of that stuff was true, and it was only bringing down her mood so she closed the app and sighed.

Then she saw she had a message from Derek and she couldn't help but smile a little.

Derek💕
Hey Y/N, I heard about what happened to Jacob and I hope that he's okay. And you, obviously, I hope you're okay too. I'm here for you guys x

Y/N smiled as she read the message, glad that it was different to the other messages she'd seen about the car crash. She never realised Jacob was so popular, then again, people were probably just hoping on a trend. It was as if the bullying didn't stop when Ben died, but it had only got worse. Y/N hoped that Jacob wouldn't see the messages..

Y/N <3
Thanks Derek. Jacob's awake now but he's not exactly feeling great. But thank you for being here :)

Derek💕
No problem. If he's awake then do you think I could visit him tomorrow? Maybe with you?

Y/N <3
Yeah for sure, I'm sure he'd appreciate you being there  x

Y/N sighed softly as she turned off her phone and looked up at the ceiling. It would be good if Derek went to the hospital to see Jacob, after all, he wasn't exactly getting much love from anyone else. She doubted that anyone from school would be going to visit him.. And his bedside table was looking pretty bare, she considered picking up some balloons and a card for Jacob ready for they visited him next.

Also, they're were meant to be moving soon. Whether or not that was going to end up happening after the accident or not, she didn't know, but it would be good for Derek to see the both of them- just incase they moved without warning.

But the main thing on Y/N's mind was Laurie and what Jacob had said. He'd looked so scared when his dad said his mom was in the same building as him. To Y/N, that only confirmed that he wasn't in an accident. But she didn't know what that exactly proved to Andy, maybe he was still in denial about the whole situation. It must be kind of hard for him to believe, she guessed, that his own wife tried to kill the son they'd all spent months defending. All for nothing?

Nonetheless, Y/N knew that she'd have to talk to Andy about it all at some point. There was no way she was going to let Laurie get away with what Y/N thought she'd done. Jacob had been hurt too many times before, let alone by his own mother.

And so she planned out all of her reasons, her arguments and prepared for tomorrow morning.. where she knew that she'd have to convince Andy to press charges against his own wife.

+++++++++++++++++++
Thanks for reading this chapter, I might not update tomorrow because my parents are making me go to school and I might be in a mood when I get back sO I might not be in the mood to update  <3

Don't forget to vote! And I'm starting to work on a Jacob Thrombey story, not sure when it'll be up because I'm still trying to figure out the plot :)