⋆𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒸𝓊𝓇𝑒⋆

Y/N walked up into Jacob's room, she'd only been away for a day but it felt like she'd been away for longer than that. She thought the room looked different, as if she'd been away for years but then she remembered she'd left half of her stuff at Derek's house. That's why it looked different.

She sat down on the beanbags and looked at Jacob who sat down on his bed. "So, you're back." He said.

Y/N nodded at looked at him, "Yeah, I'm back." She hoped they'd get a chance to properly talk, and she hoped it would be soon. But the way that Jacob had just flopped onto his bed and folded his arms, looking at the ceiling, gave the impression she might have to wait a while. Which confused her, since he seemed pretty desperate to talk to her when he was messaging her. "Sooo..." Y/N started, trailing off.

Jacob looked at her and raised an eyebrow, "Sooo? What?"

"Don't you wanna talk?" Y/N asked, she had a feeling that he'd be like this. Same old Jake. Then again, it did make sense. People didn't just change from being pervy assholes to sweet innocent little angels overnight. 

Jacob shrugged, "What would I want to talk about? You're back now, that's all that matters to me." Y/N sighed, realising she'd have to lead this conversation- as she always did.

"Maybe about why I left? Don't you want to talk that over?" Y/N asked him, hoping he'd want to because she had some stuff to say. She thought that he did as well, maybe something along the lines of an apology? Y/N almost laughed, he'd only ever apologise over text and he'd only say a quick and quiet 'sorry' out loud.

"Oh, yeah, right. Sorry about my mom being too pushy, she's like that."

Y/N looked at him and squinted. She waited for him to continue but he just looked back at the ceiling. Did he honestly think that was the only reason she left? Did he really think that he being a dick had nothing to do with it? "And..?" Y/N continued for him, trying to urge him on.  Jacob just looked at her, looking as confused as he did when a teacher asked him a question in class.

"And..? I'm sorry that we almost never have good coffee here? I don't know what you want me to say." Jacob responded, sitting up a little and putting his hands out, confused. 

"I'm pretty sure I didn't leave because of the crap coffee, but if you could get your mom to sort that out then I wouldn't complain." Y/N shrugged lightly, "You know why I left, Jake, don't act stupid."

"I already apologised about my mom. I can't kick her out of the house, if that's what your hoping dad and I will do."

Y/N scoffed and looked away from him, this guy really couldn't own up to anything, could he? He could never do a single thing wrong, and when he realised he could- the time of guilt was shorter than the time he took to j-

There was a knock on Jake's bedroom door, which opened shortly after to reveal a smiling Andy. "Hey, kiddos, you guys talked stuff out yet?" He asked as he walked in and sat himself down next to Jake.

"Yeah, tried to at least.." Y/N mumbled as Jacob sighed softly and slumped back down against the headboard. Andy looked at the two of them, feeling upset by how little they seemed to want to stay together. In his eyes, they were both still little kids who'd put whipped cream inside his baseball cap- that was a nasty surprise. And they were both still the best friends who always wanted to sleep in the same bed together, even when they got a little older. That took a lot of convincing Laurie. 

"Well," Andy coughed, changing the topic, "I've spoken to Laurie and she's calmed down a little now. She'll come around sooner or later. But right now I'm more concerned with you two." He said as he looked over at Jacob. He just looked away and sighed, folding his arms.

"There's nothing to discuss."

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N walked down stairs for dinner, later that day. Laurie had been in the kitchen for a couple of hours cooking. Y/N had wondered what she was doing that had taken her so long but when she got downstairs and saw the large spread of food- she knew what she was doing.

Laurie smiled at Y/N as she walked in and sat at the kitchen table, "Hi, Y/N, I cooked some of your favourites." Laurie said as Y/N looked at the plates of food in awe. Laurie came and sat down next to her. "I know we haven't really gotten on that well, but with Jacob's trial and everything, I think we all need to stick together. As a family."

Y/N looked at her, eyes widening. Family? They were a... family. Y/N nodded a little and gave a small smile. "Yeah, I guess we should."

Laurie nodded, "And I just wanted to apologise, about threatening to make you leave if you didn't want to talk to Jake. That was so wrong of me, this is your home just as much as ours. And you've been friends with Jake for so long that I often think of you as siblings. And you fight with your siblings, but you make up eventually. And I know siblings don't exactly do what Jacob did, that would be.. even weirder, actually, but I know that you and him will work through it." Laurie gave her a smile and squeezed Y/N's hand gently as Andy and Jacob walked into the room.

Andy took a deep sniff of the food, "Boy, that smells good. You've out done yourself, again, sweetie." He smiled as he kissed Laurie on the cheek and sat down besides her. Y/N smiled softly, the future looking bright in that moment. She hoped that her and Laurie would grow closer and that Andy would continue to be the loving father figure that she never had.

And then Jacob sat down next to her, smiling softly. And then Y/N's positivity started to fade a little. No matter how closer she would get with Andy and Laurie, she knew that Jacob would never change. He was just like that, and he'd always be like that. But she guessed that she'd just have to deal with it. Everyone has their flaws.

Some more and worse than others...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hope you liked this chapter!

Anything you'd like to see happen next? <3

I always try my best to incorporate your ideas!