⋆𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹⋆

Y/N sat in the kitchen after taking a shower and she played around with the bowl of cereal she had in front of her. She'd left it for a while and now it had gone soggy and disgusting, she doubted that she would eat it. It had taken her ages to eat it because she couldn't stop thinking about what she should say to Jake when he and her got a moment to talk.

The whole time they were preparing for his trial, she had never once thought that he could have actually done it. Because she knew that Jacob knew how much Y/N liked Ben and how hurt she'd be without him. Jacob was an asshole and Y/N figured he probably had some issues but she didn't think he'd sink to the level of murder. Would he?

But then, if he hadn't done it- then what was that story about? Posted three days after Ben was murdered and followed almost exactly what the police had said when they analysed the crime seen. Stabbed three times in the chest and pushed down. The story's matched. Y/N just could bare the thought of Jacob doing that to anyone and especially not Ben. She knew that Ben wasn't the nicest to Jacob but it wasn't until Derek was talking at the trial that she found out exactly what went on between the two. Ben really wasn't nice to Jacob, but still, other people get bullied without them killing the person who was upsetting them. She figured Jacob would have just dealt with it too.

Another thing Y/N couldn't get her head around was why hadn't Jacob told her about it? Y/N probably could have easily stopped Ben from being so mean to Jacob  and if Jacob had told Y/N then she would have. But he never even breathed a word to her. 

Jacob came walking down the stairs, his hair wet as he gave Y/N a small smile before walking over to the kitchen counter and shoving some waffles into the toaster. Y/N just looked back down at her cereal and wondered why Andy and Laurie weren't downstairs yet- then again- they were probably very stressed about the trial yesterday and Y/N was too. But it wasn't her son who was apparently likely to be heading off to jail sometime soon. 

Jacob looked at her, "So uhm, pretty busy day yesterday, right?" He said half-heartedly as he looked away and looked at a scratch mark on the counter.

Y/N gave a nod and then pushed her bowl of cereal away from her, "Yeah. Learnt a lot." She said as she eyed him, not over everything that she'd heard yesterday. She didn't know which ones she hated more, the ones about him killing people or the dirty stories about her.

"Yeah.. sorry about the things I wrote, about you." He told her, his voice barely louder than a whisper. He scratched the back of his head and looked at her, hoping for a positive response but not really expecting one.

"Sure." Y/N replied as she stood up and picked up the bowl of cereal, walking over to the sink and putting the bowl next to it. She'd let Laurie wash it later, it'd give her something useful to do.

Jacob followed her with his eyes and turned his head to look at her, "I am, I swear I am." He assured her as he leaned back against the counter, his wet and messy hair in his face. 

"It's just hard to believe, you've done so much shit before- I really don't know when you're being truthful anymore." She told him and sighed, rubbing her eyes a little as she took a few steps away from him. She tried to ignore how messy his hair was because it was irritating her and she couldn't help but want to reach out and sort it for him.

"I know, I know. I've been an asshole. But you can definitely trust me on this one." Jacob told her as he took a few steps closer to her, trying to make her listen to him but all that it really did was freak her out more.

"You're only sorry because I didn't like the stories. If I was turned on by them you wouldn't be apologising for being a creep." Y/N responded, looking at him and squinting as she tilted her head to the side. Apparently Jacob didn't have a direct response to that question and he just sighed and looked down.

"I'm sorry."

Y/N paused and looked at him, thinking through how to word her next question. "And what about that story about Ben?" She asked him, nervous for his response because she was still unsure of how she felt about it too. She didn't know what to think. On the one hand, it could have been a confession of some sort but he could have just been fantasising. Like he did about her. 

Jacob looked back up at her, eyes filled with worry as he scanned her face to see if he could tell what she was thinking. But her face was blank, she just wanted an answer. Jacob didn't know how to respond because he didn't know what she thought. "I.. What about it?" He asked, playing with his hands nervously.

Y/N shrugged and looked at him, still wanting to know but she didn't want to lead him on too much. She didn't want to tell him how to respond. "You tell me." She told him.

Jacob licked his lips a little and bit down on them, looking at her and finally coming to his own conclusion as to what she thought. His eyes began to widen, not with shock but with sadness- or maybe even guilt- Y/N didn't know. "You.." He started, looking away briefly before looking right back at her again, "Y-you.. you don't think I killed him, do you?" He asked her, looking at her and begging for an answer, his breathing quickening with nerves.

Y/N looked back at him, trying not to let herself feel bad for him at the sight of him so worked up over a question. And then she looked away. Paused for a moment before walking straight past him and upstairs. Feeling his eyes burning into her back as she left.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hiii ! Here's another update!

So when I eventually finish this story, who should I write another fanfic about? Let me know :)

Also, I'm curious, do you guys think Jacob is guilty? <3