⋆𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒻𝑒𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈⋆

Y/N and Derek sat in silence for a while, Y/N just took in the information that Derek had told her. It couldn't be true. She couldn't take Derek's word as the truth, after all, he had made up those horrible rumours about her and Ben. No, it couldn't be true. Derek was just trying to wind her up, wasn't he?

It didn't matter. Y/N left the park anyways, ignoring Derek calling after her. Jacob was her friend, or at least she thought he was. She hoped he was, or would be.

Y/N ran off away from Derek and found herself sitting on a bench near a field. The trees shaded her from the blinding sun and she took the moment to go over everything.

Jacob was going on trial for murdering her crush, he was innocent- obviously. Jacob was weird and really mean sometimes but he wasn't a killer. Jacob thinks she's a slut.

She laughed to herself, it was ridiculous. The fact that she'd tried to ask him about it and he'd made her feel bad about it. What an asshole. She started to question why she was even friends with him. Maybe if her mom was easier to live with, and she wasn't scared to walk into her own home- then she would have ditched Jacob already.

But she couldn't ditch him. Because her mom wasn't easy to live with and she was scared to walk into her own home. So she lived with the Barber's, it just ended up being established that they feed her, give her a roof too sleep under and give her the love and support that her mom never did. They treated her like their own daughter, but she knew that if it came to it- they'd choose Jacob over her.

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N walked back into the Barber's house and walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of water. Mr Barber was sitting at the kitchen counter and he looked up at her, sighing with relief.

"Thank god you're here, we were really starting with worry" He told her, not in a mean way, he wasn't telling her off. Actually, he never told her off.

Y/N turned around to him and shrugged a little, "Yeah, sorry. I had some things on my mind.." Mr Barber nodded and put down the paper he was reading.

"Wanna talk about it? You know I'm here for you, we all are."

Y/N sighed softly and leaned against the counter, debating whether or not she should tell him about the things that were really on her mind. She trusted Mr Barber, so she decided to confide in him. "Yeah okay, uh... Well it's just Jake, really. Lately I've just been realising some things about him. Maybe they're just arriving now because of, I don't know, puberty or whatever.. or maybe I've just never realised them."

Mr Barber squinted a little and shook his head, not quite understanding, "What do you mean?"

"It's just.. he says some really mean things to me. I always get upset about it but somehow I'm the one who ends up apologising to him." Y/N sighed and figured she should tell him the whole story, "Recently.. Derek has been spreading some really nasty rumours about me, things about me and Ben. Saying that we did.. stuff. And Jake like totally flipped out at me about it and said that he wouldn't surprised if it was true! And.. earlier he called me a.. a slut."

Mr Barber nodded, "Yeah, I heard yours and Jake's conversation earlier, I understand. I'm not excusing the fact that he called you that, I'll talk to him, but Jake just has a hard time understanding what emotion he's really feeling sometimes, I think you know that better than anyone. Maybe he's not trying to be mean, maybe he's just-"

Mr Barber stopped talking as he spotted Jacob reach the bottom of the stairs, he looked at the two of them. "Oh, you're back." He said to Y/N, she nodded and looked away from him.

Mr Barber looked over at Jake and stood up, "Mind if we talk a moment?" Jake looked at him, slightly worried before nodding and heading off into a different room with him.

Y/N knew that Mr Barber was going to talk to Jake about what she'd just told him. She just hoped that Jake wouldn't be mad at her even more after. She sighed and grabbed a packet of poptarts before heading upstairs.

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N sat on the beanbags in Jake's room, although it was pretty much her room too. She flicked through the channels on the TV, there was nothing much she wanted to watch in particular. She just wanted Jake. The old Jake. Her best friend. The one who would always tell her when she had whipped cream on her lip and then wipe it off for her. The one who would always help her do her homework and would somehow manage to make it fun. The one who would help her get ready for dates, even if he didn't like the guy.

The bedroom door swung open and Y/N jumped as Jacob stormed in and sat on the bed, looking at her. "Dad says I have to talk to you. And that I can't be a dick about it." Jacob put a smile on his face, it was a fake one but a smile at that.

"Okay, well. We can start by talking about why you think I'd do that shit with Ben." Y/N told him, turning off the TV and turning to face him so there would be no distractions.

Jacob sighed and ran his hand through his hair, "Honestly... I don't. That guy just pissed me off so much. And it pissed me off that you liked him, you knew what an ass he was to me. And.. and.. I know there's no excuse for what I said, I was just freaking out about the police and I was thinking about Ben, and his body and.. you."

Y/N looked back at him before looking down at the floor, "Why were you thinking about me for?" She sighed and looked back as she heard him move towards her. Close to her. Closer than ever before.

Before she could register what was happening, she felt his hot breath against her face and felt his eyes meet hers. She felt his hand move to the back of her neck, the coldness of it sending shivers down her spine and across her skin. She looked back at him, finally coming to terms with what was about to happen. But before she could do anything, she felt his soft and plump lips meet hers. She felt him breathe in through his nose as he pressed his lips against her, roughly but not in a heated way- it was just passionate.

She felt him pull away and she looked at him startled, frozen unsure of what the hell she was meant to do.

"I'm always thinking about you, it's hard not to."

+++++++++++++++++++++++
Sorryyyyyy, y'all probably hate meeeee <3
Just be thankful it wasn't a makeout sesh.
But there's still time for that- ;) hehehehe