⋆𝒸𝒽𝓁𝑜𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑒⋆

Y/N, Andy, Laurie and Jacob were eating the food that they'd ordered and Jacob had moved his chair around to sit closer to Y/N. Because Y/N had ordered pancakes with nutella and strawberries and, regrettably, Jacob really wanted some and very much regretted choosing to order a bowl of cereal. So Jacob had more or less just drank his pathetic little bowl of rice crispies and pulled his chair over to Y/N to 'help her eat'.

But Y/N didn't mind too much, there were plenty of pancakes on her plate and she figured she could spare a couple for Jacob. Andy and Laurie were reading a newspaper and it took a few moments for Y/N to realise the newspaper wasn't written in English. So she was rather confused as to what they were actually reading about, because she was almost ninety percent sure that they couldn't speak any other languages. Apart from maybe being able to say 'hello' in a few languages. 

Jacob pulled off a huge chunk of one of her pancake and quickly tried to force it into his mouth, managing to spread nutella halfway across his face and drop a chocolate covered strawberry down his shirt. Y/N laughed and covered her face, shaking her head at his lack of 'food eating skills', if that was even a thing. The look of disappointment on Jacob's face was too funny to even look at without accidentally wetting yourself from laughter.

Y/N heard Laurie sigh and reach for a napkin, "Jesus, Jake, you're fifteen years old." Y/N took her hands away from her face and saw Andy shaking his head and grinning ear to ear at the sight. Jacob looked like a little baby who'd just tried feeding himself for the first time as his mom reached across the table- wiping the chocolate from his face. 

He put his hands up in defence, "Mom, it's not my fault, it just fell off my fork!" Laurie shook her head and sat back after she'd gotten most of the nutella off his face. Y/N looked at Jacob, burning up with embarrassment. But that seemed to fade as he spotted the fallen strawberry in his lap, picking it up and eating it regardless.

Y/N squinted at him a little, "What-"

Jacob shrugged and chewed up the strawberry, reaching forwards to take another bite from Y/N's pancakes, "Food is food." Y/N chuckled a little and reached forwards herself to get some of her pancakes before Jacob could eat all of them, she giggled as her and Jacob fought over the most chocolate covered one. Until they paused at the sound of a voice, it wasn't Laurie's or Andy's.

"Jacob Barber?" The voice said and Y/N and Jacob looked up to see two men dressed in what looked like a police uniform. They both looked at Andy and Laurie, but they were just as confused as they were. "You're under arrest on the suspicion on the murder of Hope Connors, you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

The four of them froze and then slowly began to stand up as the officers made their way over to Jacob and pulled his hands behind his back, putting him in handcuffs. Y/N's mind was blank, she just looked at Jacob who.. didn't really look too frightened. This had happened twice now, maybe you got used to being accused of murder. 

Everything started to go quiet, people's mouths were moving but Y/N couldn't hear them talk. She just looked at Jacob, thoughts racing through her mind as Andy started following the officers, throwing questions at them as they led Jacob out of the cafe. Their eyes met once more before he was pulled around the corner. And then it was just Y/N and Laurie left in the cafe, frozen as they looked at where Jacob and Andy had just been. "Shit." Y/N sighed, scratching her head before starting to follow in the direction Andy and Jacob walked with the officers- not caring whether Laurie was following too or not.

Y/N picked up the pace she was walking at as she saw Andy still shouting at the officers as they started forcing Jacob into the car, Y/N ran out of the doors of the hotel and caught up to Andy. Him finally sighing and dropping all questions as the door shut on Jacob. He looked at Y/N through the glass, eyes glossy. What a great holiday..

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N sat in the reception of the police station, looking around at all of the posters on the wall. She didn't really know what they said, they were in a different language which made sense- since she was in a different country. Jacob was in the questioning room with Andy and Y/N had no idea where Laurie was. Something had just registered in her eyes when she saw Jacob being arrested, Y/N figured this was all taking a negative toll on her. Y/N had never thought that Y/n had killed Ben, and that thought was proven to be correct when the case was dropped.

But then there was this case.. Jacob had left to go and do something after she was spiked. And what was it that he'd said to her in the hotel room the night before? "She won't be talking to you, or me, or any of us." That could be interpreted in the wrong way for sure and even though Y/n didn't mind that Hope potentially wasn't there.. he still might have killed someone.

Y/N shook her head and tried to clear her mind, "Don't start thinking like that, you idiot." She told herself as Andy walked out of the question room, furious as he sat next to Y/N. He shook his head.

"This whole case is such crap. They haven't even found a damn body, her parents just freaked and reported her missing. They only think it was Jacob because.." He sighed and scratched his eyebrow, "Because he was last seen with the girl and because of.. what happened back home."

Y/N nodded a little and looked down, "When's he getting released?" She asked, hoping that he wouldn't have to stay the night, this was vacation and she was really starting to hate police stations.

"In a moment, he's just a suspect. Nothing's been proven yet. Poor kid..."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yayy I posted a second chapter today. Let me know what you think about this chapter! And don't be scared to drop suggestions, I love reading them!

Don't forget to vote <3