⋆𝑔𝑒𝓇𝑜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝑜⋆

After Jacob had told Y/N everything that had happened the day of the accident, from the moment he stopped replying to her- to the moment he finally woke up, Y/N sat in silence, looking at the bed-covers. She held Jacob's hand, who'd teared up through the time of recounting the events. Y/N was just thankful that Jacob had asked the nurses to keep his mother out of his room, after all, a mother who did that to their own son shouldn't be called a mother at all.

Y/N looked back up at Jacob, sighing softly as she wiped away one of his tears with the sleeve of the hoodie she was wearing. "We have to tell your dad.."

Jacob shook his head and sniffled, slumping back against the pillows of his hospital bed. "He wouldn't believe it.. he.. he loves mom." Jacob looked over at Y/N for a brief moment before looking back at the bed-sheets. "Even if part of him, believed it, what's he meant to do? Get a divorce?"

Y/N shrugged and gave Jacob a weak smile at his comment, "Would that be the worst thing that's happened over the past year?" Jacob smiled a little.

"No, probably one of the best.." He chuckled softly and wiped his eyes again, which were still pretty red from crying earlier.

Y/N thought about what Andy had told her, about how Neil was really trying to get them to press charges. Maybe Jacob's story would be enough to convince Andy to listen to Neil. Then maybe Jacob could come home and actually feel safe in his own home. Maybe... "Even if he might not believe you.. you've got to try." She paused and sighed, "I want you to come home, Jake. I want you to come home and not flinch at every noise you hear."

Jacob traced patterns over the hospital bed covers and thought for a good few minutes. A good few minutes of silence let him think it through. Even though he knew what he had to do, that he had to tell his dad what really happened, his fears couldn't help but peek through at him. What if Andy, his own dad, didn't believe what he said? What if he just listened to Laurie's arguments, that he'd hit his head? Maybe Laurie would convince Andy that Jacob was sick and managed to get him sent away somewhere.. somewhere away from his dad and.. Y/N.

But thinking of the worst case scenarios wouldn't help the situation, it was actions that really mattered anyway- in the eyes of the law. And he had Y/N, to fill in any gaps that he might miss in convincing Andy. "Okay.. I'll tell him. When's he coming to visit next?"

Y/N shrugged, she didn't really  know. Andy had told her that he had errands to run, as if they were more important than visiting his son."I'll text him." She said, so she wouldn't have to tell him how reluctant his dad was to visit him that morning.

Y/N <3

Hey, Jacob really wants to see you. Could you drop by soon?

Mr Barber had opened the message and had left them on seen for a few minutes before Y/N saw that he was typing, which got rid of the worry immediately.

Andy 👍

Alright, kiddo. Tell him I'll be there soon.

Y/N smiled and looked at Jacob, nodding a little bit at him. "He'll be here in a little while. Anything you want to do while we wait?" Y/N saw the devious, teenage boy, look in his eyes- which made her think that he had a thought that he wouldn't share with anyone. Y/N laughed softly, "Still the same old Jake then?" She giggled.

Jacob smiled and shrugged a little, "Please, I am only a boy." He giggled softly, "I don't know, want to just talk? About random shit, I don't know."

"Random shit it is." Y/N smiled at him.

༄༄༄༄༄

The two of them involuntarily jumped as the hospital door opened, seeing Andy walk in- breaking their conversation about The Office. Andy looked tired, drained, but he walked in with a smile and sat by Jacob anyway.

"How are you feeling, kiddo?" Andy asked him as he sat down, messing up Jacob's hair a little. Jacob shrugged.

"Better than yesterday." He told him and looked over at Y/N for a moment, looking for confirmation that it was a good time to tell his dad what he needed to say. Y/N gave him a reassuring nod, urging him on. Jacob sighed softly and turned his head to look at Andy, eyes glossy, "Actually.. Dad.. there's something I need to tell you." 

Andy raised an eyebrow before sitting back in his chair a little, "Yeah? I'm all ears, I'm listening." 

And then Jacob started to tell Andy exactly what he'd told Y/N. Almost word for word. About how he'd been messaging Y/N when Laurie started talking to him about how she never directly asked him if he'd killed Ben Rifkin. That was when Laurie started to speed up, demanding to know if Jacob had killed Ben. But even though Jacob insisted that he didn't, she still wasn't satisfied.

She only went to slow down when Jacob told her that he'd done it.. but that didn't last long. Y/N could almost picture it, how scared her best friend must have been. It made her feel weird, thinking about Jacob being scared like that. Normally he acted so tough around her, and he was normally the one scaring people.

Y/N watched Andy's face grow pale and his eyes red with tears threatening to spill as Jacob told his story. But despite the look of horror on his face, Y/N couldn't tell if he was actually believing it. And then Jacob had finished his story, staring at his dad, waiting for him to say something. Waiting for him to reassure him that everything would be okay. But that didn't come. Andy only stared at his hands, intertwined with each other. "Dad?" Jacob asked.

Andy took a slow and deep breath, letting it out at a painfully slow pace as he looked up. "Come on, Y/N, we'd better get home."

Y/N looked at the look on Jacob's face before looking back at Andy, watching him stand up. "Andy, we've got to-"

"Come on, Y/N. Jacob needs his rest." Andy spoke quietly as he headed over to the door. Out of all the ways that Y/N thought the conversation could go, she didn't except him to just act like it didn't happen. But she knew that he'd been listening from the paleness of his face and the emptiness in his eyes. He'd heard every word..

Jacob teared up, watching his dad walk away from him, "Dad, please don't go." He whimpered softly. Y/N looked at Andy and back at Jacob before she stood up.

"Andy, please--"

"Now! Come on!" Andy yelled, making the two of them jump. Y/N saw the immediate regret in Andy's eyes as he opened the hospital room door. "We'll be back tomorrow.."

And then, after giving Jacob a kiss on his cheek, Y/N reluctantly followed Andy out of the room. Her gaze kept on Jacob until she was too far away from him to see him. Looked like she'd have to do some convincing herself...

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I pinkie promise Andy isn't as asshole, he's just very stressed right now :) 

If you have any requests or suggestions then let me know, as always!

Don't forget to vote ! <3