⋆𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝒻𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒾𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓈⋆

Y/N squinted in confusion as Jacob dragged her out of school by her hand, he hadn't said anything and he hadn't responded to her numerous questions about why they were running off somewhere. All that Y/N knew, was that he'd seen the police offers and legged it out of school.

"Jake why are we running?" Y/N asked him as she felt her legs getting tired after running a block and a half. There was still no answer from Jacob, not until they'd made it to Jacob's street.

"I just.. wanted to get out of there. Those officers scared me, you know?" He finally answered, she frowned a little and let go of his hand.

"There's no reason to be afraid of them, Jake. They were probably only there to ask people questions about Ben." Y/N told him.

Jacob shrugged and sighed, "Whatever, it doesn't matter. I just want to get home and watch some reality sho-" Jacob paused and froze as they turned the corner to his street. Y/N looked at him confused as to why he'd stopped so suddenly but then she saw it herself.

Police cars were parked outside of the house, lots of them were. Their red and blue lights were flashing as officers stood next to them and stood outside the front door of the house. Jacob grabbed Y/N's hand again and turned in the other direction- walking away as quick as he could.

Y/N looked at Jacob as they half-walked, half-ran away, "Shouldn't we go and see what they're doing outside your house?" Jacob shook his head and kept walking away, trying to run away from his problems- but they'd catch up to him again sooner or later.

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N sat next to Jacob on the swings in the park, looking at him as he stared up at the sky. She felt bad for him, he seemed pretty shaken up after seeing the police outside of his home. But she felt curious too, she wanted to know why the police were there to begin with. Maybe it was part of Mr Barber's investigation? Yeah, that seemed pretty likely.  Maybe they'd all just gone to his house for a lunch break or something. 

Besides that, she wanted to know why Jacob kept running away all the time. If it was her house, she'd probably have gone and asked what the hell was going on. But Jake just.. ran. She would have walked right up to the officers and demanded to know why they were parked outside of her house. Jake didn't do that. Maybe Y/N was slightly more boisterous than Jacob was.

Jacob's phone kept on ringing every few minutes, it was Mr Barber, Mrs Barber and even Derek. Not to mention the unknown numbers ringing him too. Y/N had told him that he should answer but he always refused with a shake of his head. Mr Barber had been ringing Y/N too, but every time her thumb hovered over the 'answer' button, Jacob had grabbed her hand and told her to stop. So she never picked up either, she only hoped that Mr Barber wouldn't be mad about it when she next saw him. 

"So, Jake, about what Derek said in the comment section," Y/N started, deciding she was going to try and talk about something other than the police, "He's an asshole, like seriously. That's one messed up kid."

Jake shrugged a little, eyes still set on the sky which was growing darker by the minute. "He's still my friend, don't talk shit about him. I'm pretty sure he was just messing around." He retorted. Y/N squinted a little, was this guy okay? He'd accused him of murder in a public forum and accused him of taking photos of her-

"And about the other stuff he's been saying, about you and Ben..." He started, "I wouldn't be surprised if it was true."

Y/N froze and looked at him, a lump growing in her throat. She let go of the swing handles she'd been gripping and dropped her hands down to her sides. He didn't mean that, he couldn't have truly meant that. Y/N had cried into his shoulder at nights when people were picking on her about the rumours. She'd told him they weren't true, so many times and he believed her. Or she thought he did, he must have been lying to her. He must think of her as some slut, her best friend...

"Why.." Y/N started, sighing softly as she tried to swallow the lump in her throat, "Why would you say that..?"

Jacob kept looking up at the sky, he took a few moments before responding, "You just.. seem like the sort." Tears started to well up in Y/N's eyes, she gulped and wiped her cheeks as a few tears slid down her face. She couldn't believe Jacob would think she'd do that sort of stuff. She couldn't believe he'd take Derek's side over hers, Derek- who'd talked shit about him too. Y/N had stood by his side for years, even when he didn't want her too and this was how he-

Red and blue flashing lights showed up in the distance, long enough for them to both notice and give each other a nervous glance. The lights came to a halt and they heard a car door opening and closing, a flashlight beam taking their place. 

"Jake.. should we go?" Y/N whispered, figuring he'd want to run off again. Like he'd already done twice that day. But he shook his head, tears starting to run down his cheeks. 

"I just found him, I didn't do it.. I just found him, I swear." Jacob whimpered, nervously awaiting the police officer to find them. Y/N furrowed her brows in confusion before she realised what he was talking about. Ben. He hasn't even mentioned it to her, he didn't tell her. He had every opportunity to tell her that he found his body but he-

The flashlight beam blinded them momentarily as the officer stood in front of them both. 

"A lot of people have been looking for you two."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hey! Haven't updated in a while but here you go! What do you guys think of Jacob? And don't forget to vote! <3