⋆𝓈𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃⋆

Y/N's eyes opened slowly and she rolled onto her back, sighing softly. She looked over at Jacob and saw that he was awake too. After what he'd said to her last night, she was feeling a little bit annoyed and upset with him. But she was too mad at Derek to really focus on how she should probably ignore Jacob all day.

"Morning." Jacob mumbled to her before sitting up and rolling out of bed. Y/N couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that he'd voluntarily gotten out of bed before his alarm, or his dad told him to. Y/N followed his example and rolled herself out of bed too, landing in a heap on the floor with a loud thud. Jacob turned around and saw her laying on the floor and started laughing hysterically. Y/N was just happy that she'd managed to make him laugh and she went to stand up but she had a dead leg- so she fell again.

Y/N hated how much of a klutz she could be at times, but whenever she made Jacob laugh from her clumsiness, she didn't mind- the heat spreading across her face made her forget about how stupid she could be. Jacob shook his head at her and giggled, reaching his hand down to help her up but thanks to the blanket that was sprawled on the floor, he also slipped. And it was just Y/N's luck that he managed to land on top of her. Y/N and Jacob laughed at them both. What a greatstart to the morning, Jacob wasn't exactly the heaviest of people so it wasn't his weight that made Y/N uncomfortable after a few seconds- but the look in his eyes and the fact that his leg was in between hers, pressed right up against-

Knock, knock! Y/N and Jacob jumped a little as they saw Andy standing at the door, giving them a look of concern. Andy looked like he wanted to leave just as quick as he'd walked in. "Uhm. You guys uh- okay?" He asked, moving back to the door a little. Jacob nodded and quickly got up off of Y/N, brushing himself off. Y/N got up too- realising that the position they were in probably looked a little bit suspicious. They'd laid on top of each other before, since they were little kids, but now that they were getting older, Mr and Mrs Barber started to get nervous whenever they were close to each other in that way. 

"Right well, your mother and I wanted to talk to you, Jake. See you downstairs, after you're ready for school." Andy said awkwardly before he backed out of the room. Y/N laughed a little and looked at Jacob, who was biting his lip a bit. He made eye contact with her before looking away and grabbing a change of clothes.

༄༄༄༄༄

Jacob and Y/N walked downstairs, and stopped at the bottom of the stairs. They spotted Mr and Mrs Barber standing there looking at them both. Y/N looked at them, feeling a little confused and then Mrs Barber smiled a little at her. "Y/N, could you and I have a chat while Andy talks to Jake?" 

Y/N nodded a little and looked at Jake before following Mrs Barber into the living room, wondering what she was going to talk to her about.

"You saw that thing that Derek posted, right?" Mrs Barber asked her as they sat down. Y/N nodded at her in response, "I just wanted to thank you, for defending Jacob. And also, I wanted to ask. Did you know about the knife?"

Y/N thought about it for a moment before replying, deciding to be truthful, "Yeah, I did. He got it couple of months back."

"And you didn't think to tell us?" Mrs Barber asked and Y/N started to feel guilty.

"I.. I didn't think it was a big deal. Loads of kids at our school have knives." Y/n told her and it was partly true, she knew that some people had knives- in their kitchens..

Mrs Barber nodded a little and took a few moments to think through and word her next question, "Also... I wanted to ask. Are you and Jake a.. a thing?"

Y/N blushed at the question and blushed even more as she thought about it, "No. No, definitely not. I mean, he hates me most of the time." Y/N didn't think he hated her, she just thought that he had a... different side that came out sometimes. Like that morning, upstairs.  When he was laughing and smiling and the next.. was looking at her like-

"Right, I just wanted to check. I mean, we'd support you guys, if you were actually a couple. But not if you were just.. fooling around. Do you know what I mean?"

"Friends with benefits." Y/N thought to herself, heating up at the thought, "Y-yeah, I get what you mean.. We're not.. that.." Although, deep down, part of Y/N didn't entirely hate the idea.

Y/N and Mrs Barber walked back into the kitchen and saw an angry Mr Barber and an upset looking Jacob. Jacob spotted Y/N and grabbed her hand, walking towards the door. Mr Barber called after them both but Jacob was determined to leave the house and dragged Y/N along with him. The door closed behind them and he sighed, letting go of her hand.

"What did he talk to you about?" Y/N asked him as they walked down the street together.

"About that knife I got, Dad practically accused me of murder. Asshole." Jacob told her, shaking his head. He was pretty upset about it, as far as Y/N could see. "What did my mom ask you?"

Y/N blushed softly, as she thought about the fact she'd have to tell him, "Well uhm. She asked if I knew about the knife and then.." She paused a little, too embarrassed to repeat it. "Nothing."

Jacob looked at her and squinted a little, "What did she say?"

"She uh, asked if we were a couple.. or if we were fooling around as she called it." Y/N told him and tried to laugh as she said it so he wouldn't see that was thinking about it more than she should.

"Fooling around? Like-" Jacob started, before Y/N cut him off.

"Yeah, like friends with benefits." Y/N said quickly before looking away embarrassed. Jacob laughed at it, not seeming as embarrassed as Y/N was. 

"Wow. Mom thinks you'd actually do that stuff with me? You have way better options and she knows that, you'd never even go near my di-" 

"Yeah totally." Y/N coughed a little and carried on walking with her head down, trying to stop the blush from getting worse. She had a feeling it wasn't going away for a while.

*****************************

Well, well, well-

Don't forget to vote! Also thanks for reading because when I checked this morning, I was number one in #jacobbarber!