⋆𝒸𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓊𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓈⋆

Y/N and Jacob walked back into the hotel room with Andy, they'd had such a great family outing to the police station. Jacob had been realised after he'd been questioned about what had happened at the party, only Andy had been present with him. Y/N was still yet to find out exactly what he told the police and despite the few questions she'd asked him in the cab on the way back to the hotel- she hadn't found out much. Jacob didn't really want to talk about it. And Y/N didn't blame him, being accused of murder twice in a year didn't sound fun.

"Right, you guys should just watch a movie or something like that. I can make you guys some cocktails or something-" Andy paused, "I mean, mocktails, no underage drinking in this hotel room." He coughed awkwardly and looked at Jacob for a moment, before he wrapped him in a bear hug, "Don't think about it, kid, don't let them get to you."

Jacob nodded and pulled away, heading into his bedroom, "I'm going to take a shower." He said, before he shut the door. Y/N sighed and looked at Andy who was shaking his head and rubbing his eyes as he walked over to the fridge and pulled out some juice and soda. Y/N followed him and leaned against the counter.

"Poor Jake." Andy muttered as he grabbed some glasses and started pouring in juice to them, "Poor all of us." He sighed before pausing and looking around, "Wait- where the hell is my wife?"

Y/N looked around the room and shrugged as she saw that Laurie was nowhere in sight, "Probably at the bar." She mumbled, looking down at the counter.

Andy nodded a little but still seemed a little concerned, but he continued to make the drinks. He passed over the glasses to Y/N, "Try not to force him to talk about- you know- I think he just needs to try and forget about it."

Y/N nodded, agreeing somewhat but her curiosity was getting the better of her and she knew she'd have to ask him about it. "So.. what did they ask him, in the station?" She asked, looking at him as she sipped one of the drinks.

Andy leaned against the fridge and scratched his eyebrow a little, "Uh.. just normal stuff. What happened the night of the party, what his relationship with Hope was.. and if he knew her whereabouts." He shook his head a little and grabbed a beer from the fridge, heading out to the balcony. He muttered to himself, "Can't take him anywhere.."

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N sat in Jacob's room, the glasses of.. whatever the hell Andy had made were sitting on the bedside table. Y/N flicked through the TV and tried to look for something decent to watch, the hotel only had satellite TV so there was mainly just crappy daytime TV shows playing.

Jacob's bathroom door opened and Jacob walked out, wrapped in a towel and his wet hair drooping over his forehead. He shook his head a little to get the hair out of his eyes before grabbing some clothes from his suitcase, holding the towel in place.

Jacob stood back up and Y/N looked at him, giving him a little smile of which he returned. "Hi." Y/N said, he gave her a nod in response.

"Hey." He sighed a little as he went to take off the towel, "You can look away if you want, I don't care at this point." He mumbled as he took off his towel.

Y/N looked down at the bedcovers but didn't freak out and turn around completely like she used to. She wasn't going to lie, she caught a glimpse but didn't make an effort to really look- she didn't really want to.

Jacob slipped on his sweatpants and then sat down on his bed, leaning against the headboard. Y/N looked at him and took a breath before starting the conversation she needed to have. "So.. what did they ask you, at the station?"

Jacob sighed, "Whether I killed her or abducted her or some shit like that."

Y/N nodded and looked down, tracing the pattern on the bedcovers. "Right. And uhm.. how did you answer them?"

"With a no, obviously." Jacob told her, reaching over to her and grabbing the TV remote, flicking through channels before he stopped and looked away. "But.. I didn't tell them the truth."

Y/N froze and looked up at him again, eyes wide. She licked her lips a little and tried not to panic, "W-what?" She asked, trying to control the quiver in her voice.

Jacob saw the worried expression on her face and shook his head, leaning forwards a little. "Oh, no, I didn't kill her or anything," He started before sighing and taking a deep breath, tensing up a little, "But.. I.. I put something in her drink."

Y/N squinted at him, still not quite following. She got the drift of it, but, how?

"Well it wasn't her drink, technically, it was yours. After I'd left you with my dad I went back to the beach and I picked up the drink you'd left on the wall. Then I uhm.. I followed her back to the main party and argued with her about her being such a bitch to you. And she put down her drink." He looked back at her and scrunched his nose up a bit, "So.. I put your drink down by hers, making sure she'd take the wrong one."

Jacob shrugged and leaned back against the headboard again, "And I'm guessing she got all dizzy and droopy like you did and then.. I don't know after that. I came back to the hotel." He licked his lips and looked at her, trying to see if she was mad or not.

She had hated being in that state and she wouldn't wish it on anyone. Then again, she hated Hope.. and she was glad that Jacob hadn't killed her or anything but..

"Are you mad?" Jacob asked her, his eyes worried that he'd pissed her off. She didn't answer, she was still going over it in her head. "I'm sorry.. it was bad to do but sometimes I.. I just get so pissed off and.. and I can't help it half of the time, I don't know why, I just-" Jacob started to dig his nails into his palms.

Y/N looked at him and shook her head a little, taking his hands into hers. She knew it was wrong of him to do.. but for some reason, she didn't feel any genuine revolt or anger towards his confession. Maybe that made her just as bad as him.. but she couldn't help it either.

"I'm not mad.. Thanks for telling me." She gave him a little smile and squeezed his hands a bit.

He looked at her and smiled, visibly calming down as he felt her hands in his, "Promise you won't tell anyone?" He asked her.

Y/N thought for a moment before nodding and giving his a reassuring smile, "Of course not. You have my word." Despite the fact she felt bad for Hope, she had to bottle down the guilt, Jacob couldn't afford to have this on his record too.

Looks like the secret would have to just stay with them.

+++++++++++++++++
Here's another chapter! Hope you enjoyed and let me know what you think :)

So the way I'm thinking about ending the story would end not long after that biG finAlE of the series. You know the one I'm on about ;)

I have an idea for how it's going to end but I was just wondering if you guys have any other suggestions? And let me know if you have requests for anything you'd like to happen between now and the end of the series. I write all the suggestions down <3

Don't feel like you have to come up with something right this second, you can come back and drop a comment if you have an idea later on too!

Don't forget to vote <3