⋆𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝑜𝓃 𝓂𝑒⋆

Y/N went up the stairs after diner and stopped when she got to the top of the stairs, realising that she'd left all of her stuff at Derek's house. She sighed softly and walked back down the stairs, walking into the living room and sitting down on the couch. Jacob and Andy were sitting in there watching an old TV show.

Y/N pulled out her phone and started typing out a message to Derek. Andy looked over at her, "Everything alright?" Y/N looked up and nodded.

"Yeah, I just left some of my stuff at-" Y/N paused and glanced over at Jacob, figuring it'd be better for everyone if he didn't know that she stayed with Derek last night, "At.. my mom's place." Y/N tried to cover herself, but she knew that Jacob wasn't going to buy it. Jacob knew that Y/N never went to her mom's house voluntarily and that she'd rather spend the night on a park bench than-

"Your mom's house?" Jacob asked, looking over at her and squinting, "She actually let you stay?" Jacob questioned as he leaned forward, wanting to find out more information. He wasn't sure if he believed that or not. 

Y/N looked over at Mr Barber who made a face that said 'I don't know-' before she looked back at Jacob, nodding, "Yeah, yeah she did. I was surprised too. Didn't even have to really put up a fight about it, either." Y/N knew that if she'd really knocked on her mom's door, then she'd be turned away immediately. Hell, Y/N didn't think her mom would even remember her damn name.

"So, why didn't you stay there then? If your mom was willing to let you stay with her then surely you'd have moved back in?" Jacob replied, feeling confused as to why Y/N wouldn't take up the opportunity to make up with her mom. After all the years of being turned away and having to stay with the Barber's, why wouldn't she stay?

"I uh-" 

"I spoke to her mom on the phone, she called me, she said it was just a one time thing. Her mom still isn't really ready to look after Y/N full time." Andy continued for her, covering. Y/N nodded in agreement and waited for Jake to turn away before smiling and giving a silent 'thank you' to Andy.

"Yeah, totally. Anyways, I'm just going to message her and say I'm going to go and pick up the stuff." Y/N finished before looking back down at her phone screen before Jacob could ask anymore questions. She felt relieved that Jacob didn't know who she really stayed with, that would just make things worse and it would lead to more arguments. She didn't want anymore arguments, things were just starting to look up. She just wanted her clothes and stuff back so she could unpack and get back to normal. Well, her definition of normal.

Y/N <3

Hey, Derek. Thanks for letting me crash last night, I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to stay and try to figure things out with the Barber's though. I think I left my stuff at your place so are you free right now so I can come and pick it up? 

Derek👌

Yeah no problem, hope everything works out. I'm free all night so you can get your stuff whenever you need to. I could come and drop it off for you, if you want? x

Y/N thought about it for a moment before she shrugged, it would save a trip. And it was pretty late so she was kind of tired. 

Y/N <3

Yeah that would be great, thanks! See you soon :)

Y/N put her phone down and figured that Derek would be around in about twenty-minutes. He had to find all of her stuff first and she was good at leaving stuff spread around the place. Then he'd have to walk to the Barber's house. Yeah, it wouldn't be much longer than twenty minutes. 

༄༄༄༄༄

Just as the episode of the show was finishing, Y/N checked the time. Twenty-minutes had passed and she got up from the couch, heading outside. She closed the front door behind her and the cold evening air hit her face. She sighed softly, it was weird that she liked being outside when it was cold. It made the feeling of walking into the warm house even better. 

Y/N looked down the street and saw Derek walking towards the house with her bag, Y/N smiled and gave him a wave as he got closer- he returned the smile and the wave. Y/N walked off the porch and onto the street to meet him. "Hey, thanks for bringing my stuff back."

Derek handed over the bag and smiled, shaking his head a little, "No problem, it wasn't too much of an ask." Y/N knew it would most definitely be too much of an ask if she asked Jake to bring her stuff over at ten at night. "How's it going with making up with the Barber's?"

Y/N shrugged, "Not too bad. Andy was never mad to begin with and Laurie seems pretty adamant about making up with me, which is weird." Y/N laughed softly, "But nice, it'll be a nice change, I think." Y/N told him as she put the bag on her back and fixed the position of her jacket. 

"That sounds great." Derek smiled softly, "What about Jake, has he done anything yet?"

Y/N chuckled and shrugged, "It's Jake, he's always doing stuff. But nothing completely mean or gross, just yet."

Derek laughed and nodded, taking a step away from her, "Yeah, I guess so." He paused for a moment before pointing behind him, "Well uh- I'm gonna head home now. You can call or text me anytime."

Y/N nodded and smiled as Derek turned around and started walking away, down the street. "See you!" Y/N smiled and sighed happily watching him walk away. She took a few steps back towards the house before turning to look at it, she almost jumped out of her skin when she saw that the front door was open. Didn't she close it?

She squinted a little as she walked back inside of the house, shutting the door and putting her back down next to the door. She looked over into the kitchen and saw Jacob leaning against the counter, arms folded. He didn't look too happy.

"So, it was oh so nice of your mom to drop off your bags, right?" Jacob retorted as he watched her slip off her shoes. Y/N sighed and decided to continue playing with her lie, even though she kind of guessed the cat was out of the bag.

"Yeah, it was. Real nice." Y/N said as she walked towards the stairs before Jacob grabbed her arm and pulled her back, she looked at him with wide eyes. "Jake, I-"

He pushed her against the kitchen counter and held both of her arms tightly, that dark look that she'd seen so many times before re-appearing in his eyes. "Don't.. lie.. to me." He seethed as she winced at the tight grip he had on her. He tilted his head to the side, "We both know that's not going to work.. for either of us." 

Y/N looked at him, scared as she tried to move away from him, but he was strong- stronger than he looked. "Jake, it hurts, stop." She whimpered softly as she felt his grip tighten on her arms before loosening, the dark look leaving his eyes again. 

He smiled sweetly at her and moved his now lighter grip to her hands, giving them a gentle squeeze before letting go.

"I'm going to head up to bed, see you in a bit." He smiled before walking off up the stairs, leaving Y/N standing in the kitchen, still startled and rubbing her arms which were probably going to have bruises on. 

Looks like she was going to be sleeping on the couch again.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Crazy Jacob is back, as it seems. 

I don't know if y'all like these dark moments or not so let me know what you think of them!

Also let me know if there's anything you'd like to see happen :)

Don't forget to vote! <3