EIGHTY-NINE. house of the chosen

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

No one dared to move a muscle at the sight of Lake, who looked angrier than ever in River's opinion. This was the first time she was coming face to face with her ever since her nightmares and River hated to admit she was terrified. She wanted to say something, anything, but the silence was suffocating her.

However, Eddie was the one to break the silence due to his confusion. "W-Wait, sisters? You two are sisters?" He pointed between River and Lake, his confused eyes landing on River. "You have a sister?"

"I thought your only sibling was Shawn?" Noah voiced his perplexity. "Does he know he was another sister too?!"

"We're half-sisters, nitwits," Lake rebuked, giving Noah and Eddie annoyed looks. "Now if you're done squabbling, I'd like to finish what I started."

"And that is?" An irritated Patricia inquired.

"Kill you, duh."

"Kill us?" Noah repeated in a high-pitched voice, his eyes widening in fear.

"Guys, there's five of us and one of her. I say we charge at her," Alfie pointed out in a hushed tone to his friends. Considering that was the only plan they had, the five teens began running toward Lake. However, in mere seconds, she pulled out something from her leather jacket — an actual gun. She pointed it up and fired away, lasers instead of bullets shooting up, making everyone halt their steps in fear of what would happen. "On second thought, let's just stay put."

"I thought you'd see it my way," Lake said with a smirk. "Too bad Rufus isn't here to see his daughter's death. Thought you'd at least have the nerve to fight, Abigail-River. You must be really scared of me, huh?"

"I'm not scared of you," River retorted, her glare on Lake.

"Hold on, who's Rufus?" Eddie questioned in confusion.

"'Rene' is Rufus's fake name. He's her dad," Patricia informed him and Noah as she gestured to Lake.

"Yeah, and River's," Alfie added, earning a pointed look from River. "Sorry."

"You're related to that maniac?" Noah questioned in disbelief. "Hang on, does this mean her name isn't actually Lucia Greene?"

"Wow, Noah, you aren't as dumb as I thought you were," Lake responded with a chuckle. "And my name's Beatrice-Lake Zeno."

"I'm guessing Uncle Crazy chose your names," Eddie murmured, earning yet another glare from River. Letting out a sigh, River stepped forward, causing Noah to stumble a bit. Luckily, Alfie managed to catch him.