SEVENTY. house of nine lives

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Despite Amber's annoyance, River and Alfie went through the footage for ten minutes, but it was still Jerome who took the dollhouse. River didn't want to believe that one of her best friends, one of the people she trusted with her life, had a part to play in stealing the dollhouse. Jerome wasn't the person he was last year. There had to be some explanation, but the evidence was crystal clear.

Now was the waiting game. River, Alfie, and Amber stood before Alfie's bed, all three of them having their arms crossed as they waited for Jerome. River's irritated frown only increased because of how impatient she was, wondering what Jerome was doing now instead of being in the house. Finally, after ten minutes, the door opened and instead of Noah, Jerome entered. The blonde boy was oblivious to his three angry housemates in the room because he shut the door and walked to his bed, not even glancing at them. However, it seemed like Jerome finally felt their hard stares, because he eventually turned around, his face contorting from exasperation to confusion.

"Hey, Jerald," River flatly greeted him. Honestly, she was angry, but she had a little hope that there was more to the footage and that Jerome would explain.

"Is this a raid?" Jerome asked.

"Sure, let's call it that."

"Sit down, buddy," Alfie instructed as he stood up from his bed, though Jerome didn't listen to him. Nonetheless, Alfie grabbed his laptop. "We've got something to talk to you about." Jerome stayed confused as River, Alfie and Amber approached him. River and Amber stood on one side of the blonde, while Alfie stood on the other as he held his laptop up, revealing the image of Jerome carrying the dollhouse. River watched as Jerome's face fell, though she couldn't quite read it. It looked like a mix of shock and regret. "Tell me this isn't as bad as it looks."

"It's actually much worse," Jerome answered before he sat down on his bed.

"Jerome, what's going on?" River asked, watching her friend run an anxious hand through his hair.

"You guys are not going to like this," Jerome said as he shook his head before his eyes landed on his female best friend. "Especially you." River, Alfie, and Amber shared a worried look. "I took the dollhouse because Jasper needed it."

"Jasper?" Amber repeated and River grew confused by the minute. Maybe Jerome and Jasper were talking about more than his debt the night Sibuna found the secret passageway to the library.

"What does Jasper have to do with this?" Alfie asked. "Why would he want the dollhouse?"

"Jasper needed the dollhouse to give to The Collector. The Collector wants anything, anything at all, that relates to the Frobisher-Smythes," Jerome explained. "Trudy's life was on the line and—"