FIFTY-SEVEN. house of reflections

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Sitting around the dining table bright and early the next morning were the members of Sibuna. Since they were alone, it was the perfect time for River, Nina, Fabian, and Alfie to catch Amber and Patricia up.

"There're seven staffs," River explained after taking a bite out of her croissant, "which means we need seven objects to put on them to create the constellation."

"So the seven little stars are the seven random objects," Alfie, who sat on River's other side, went further on.

"Mm. Yeah," Fabian confirmed, pointing to the prank-loving duo on his side.

"But the riddle says they borrow light, so we think they must be reflectors in some way," Nina elaborated.

"Shiny stuff, mirrors — you've come to the right girl," Amber declared with a grin, earning an amused chuckle from River.

"I'm guessing they're not just regular mirrors," Patricia shot the fashionista down.

"Correct, they aren't," River said with a nod.

"We tried regular mirrors and they didn't work," Nina explained.

"We think they each have some sort of bird symbol on them," Fabian said. "'The falcon takes flight'."

"So we hunt the shiny stuff," the blonde of the group voiced. "What does the dollhouse say, in its usual, unclear dollhouse way?"

"Nothing yet. What we really need is a clue as to where the reflectors might be."

"There has to be a map or something," River uttered with a sigh. "That's what you usually get when you're hunting hidden objects in this house." River glanced toward Nina, seeing that her American friend was lost in her thoughts. "Nina?"

Everyone looked toward Nina, causing her to come out of her thoughts, while Fabian asked, "Are you okay?"

"I don't know. I keep thinking I've seen this bird symbol before," Nina informed them, "but it's like I can almost picture it, and then it's gone." It looked like Nina thought of something else because she suddenly switched the subject. "Wait, what day is it today?"

"Tuesday, why?" Patricia answered.

Nina let out an exasperated sigh. "I'm meant to go visit Gran with Trudy. I almost forgot."

"You have a lot on your mind," Fabian tried to assure her just as Mara and Joy walked into the kitchen. "And anyway, if she knew the truth, she'd tell you to hurry up, find the Mask and get yourself uncursed, or else."