FIFTY. house of warnings

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

River strummed quietly on her six-string, not wanting to wake her sleeping roommates, while she kept on leaning down to her notebook and writing new chords on it. Music was something River held close to her. It was something she could control. She could control whatever she wrote and whatever she wanted to say through her songs. It was a way to express herself and that was why she loved it so much. Music also helped with her anxiety, which it was currently doing.

With the news of Nina hexing the members of Sibuna, River needed to take a breather. It was a lot to take in; she was going to be talking in tongues for so long, which was going to be quite a challenge. Even though it was 2AM and she should be sleeping, playing on her guitar and writing down new ideas was helping her. Plus, River liked the peace and quiet.

Unfortunately for her, after a minute, that silence was instantly replaced by a gasp coming from Nina Martin. River glanced her way, concern washed over her face as she put her guitar down. Nina rose, a a panicked look on her face.

"Nina, what's right?" River asked.

"I... I had a dream," Nina answered, letting out a shaky breath, "and Senkhra made Amber so old and..." Nina's eyes widened as she and River glanced to a sleeping Amber. "Amber!"

Amber instantly shot up, taking in a sharp breath as fear flushed over her face. "Mirror, mirror, mirror, mirror!" Nina and River quickly got out of their beds, the former grabbing her mirror while the latter sat beside Amber. Nina sat before Amber, handing her a hand mirror, and Amber took it without a question. She checked her reflection and let out a much relieved sigh. "Okay, and breathe. Breathe."

River rubbed her blonde friend's shoulder, a concerned frown on her face. "You terrible?"

"Yeah." Amber nodded her head, knowing what River meant, although she didn't seem okay. "It felt so real. I was old. Like, old, old. It's not going to get like that, is it, guys?"

"No, Amber," Nina provided an answer for both of them. It was a good thing too because River wasn't feeling very optimistic about the current situation. "It's not."

"I can't grow old before I grow up."

"And you will," River tried to assure her, even though her words didn't quite say that. "We won't get through this. We always don't."

"But what if we don't?" Amber raised the question with a sigh before glancing at the American. "Nina, what's going to happen?"

"I'm gonna fix this is what," Nina declared. "You guys will see."

Nina pulled her roommates into a hug, a much needed one if River could say so. River squeezed her friends tightly, hoping that Sibuna could really finish the next task before anything worse happens.