THIRTEEN. house of protection

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"Uh, what's happening?" River Lawrence had seen many weird things in her lifetime — stuffed cats, her best friends dressed as a camel, Alfie pulling spaghetti out of his nose — but what Amber Millington and Nina Martin were doing was... beyond bizarre. The American was putting each of Amber's arms through her jumper like she was a doll. "And why is it happening?"

"Is that River?" Amber questioned aloud as River lowered her hand that held her hairbrush.

"Uhm..." was Nina's response as she dropped Amber's arms. Amber, however, just stared forward with a blank expression, causing River to furrow her brows. "Do you really wanna know?"

The prankster narrowed her eyes between her roommates. "Does it affect me in anyway?"

"Not really."

"Then I'm good."

River brushed through her damp hair once more before throwing her hairbrush on her bed and turning to the door. As she opened it, she grew perplexed when she saw Fabian outside of it, who jumped at the sudden opening of the door. Usually, River would question her friend's weird behavior. But right now, she was hungry. Breakfast was a priority and her roommates would have to wait. She gave the boy a weird look before Fabian stepped aside for her to leave.

River hurried down the stairs and met up with Jerome who emerged from the hall. The pair of prankster's entered the dining room and River's mouth dropped at the sight. It seemed like breakfast this week had special occasion. Yesterday, the table was filled with delicious morning delights because of both Mick and Trudy's departures. Today, it seemed to increase with more yummy goods.

The housemates seated around the table (Noah, Mara, Joy, Patricia and Alfie) were already eating the treats. River looked up to the ceiling. "Am I in heaven?"

An unfamiliar blonde woman emerged from the kitchen, holding a bowl of scrambled eggs that satisfied River's nose and stomach. Whoever the women was must be their new housemother, because she was staring at the boys scarfing down her food weirdly. "It's nice to see my food being appreciated."

"Wow," Jerome muttered, still in awe about the food. The new housemother finally looked to the two prankster and handed the blonde the bowl of scrambled eggs. River took some with her hand and threw them in her mouth. "Thank you."

River grinned, satisfied from the deliciously baked scrambled eggs. She sat down in her seat next to Alfie. "Who knew scrambled eggs could taste so good?"

"Bright, discerning, scrambles my eggs just so," Jerome listed as he took a handful of scrambled eggs and ate it. He sat down beside Noah who immediately filled his toast with scrambled eggs.