SEVENTY-TWO. house of hijack

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

River's hunch was right — Senkhra was around when she started to feel her thigh stinging. In fact, she was in her room, threatening Nina, Patricia, and Alfie to stay there and not rescue their friends. Alfie told River that Nina made him leave her and Patricia and get her so they could continue the mission. They were down by two people now, but River knew she and Alfie could pull off the rescue. With their bikes that they got from the bike shed, River and Alfie arrived at the location Jerome previously told them. It was definitely an abandoned barn and the building before was in a rusty red color.

"The Zenos sure know how to pick their evil hideouts," River dryly remarked, earning a nod from Alfie as they set their bikes down. As the duo began stepping into the area, a large red door with a bunch of locks caught River's attention. She nudged Alfie's arm and nodded in the direction of the door. "They must be in there."

"When Jerome said it was locked tight, he wasn't kidding," Alfie mused and River shook her head. "How are we gonna get in?"

"Well, I don't have any hairpins on me and I'm assuming you don't either," River replied with a shrug and Alfie confirmed with a nod. River's eyes scanned the area before they landed on a tractor laying in the middle. A small smirk formed on her face as an idea popped into her head. "We do have a tractor though."

"What?" Alfie questioned and River pointed to the tractor. His confused face eventually contorted into an excited grin. "Oh, we smash the door down — A-Dog and Lawn-er style."

The prank-loving duo didn't waste any time as they hurried toward the vehicle. River had never used a tractor, but Alfie said that he drove one with his Grandpa on his farm two years ago, so she let him sit behind the wheel while she sat next to him. Alfie started the tractor, an excited grin on his face, while the loud engine filled the quiet atmosphere. As Alfie drove the tractor forward in the direction of the door, River clung onto her seat for dear life since the vehicle was vibrating so much. Alfie started to increase the speed as the tractor neared the door. When it was only a few meters away, Alfie increased the speed to the max. He and River let out yells as the tractor finally made contact with the door and knocked it down.

"That was awesome!" River exclaimed. A thrilling chuckle escaped her mouth as she and Alfie shared a high-five. Inside the barn stood Fabian, Amber, and Jerome who all looked relieved to see their two friends.

"Yes!" Alfie cheered with a chuckle. "How cool was that?"

"I knew you guys would come!" Amber exclaimed with a grin.

"Nice one, guys," Jerome commended them.

"Oh, no," Alfie suddenly uttered. River furrowed her brows, seeing Alfie's face fall. She followed his gaze and her eyes landed on what caused Alfie's shock. It felt like her heart dropped, seeing the sight of a concussed Trudy under the door that they just broke down. No one was supposed to get hurt!