TWELVE. house of goodbye

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

There were many reasons as to why Abigail-River Lawrence was grateful for her loving housemother Trudy Rehmann. Whether it was the kindness that embodied from the woman, her comforting hugs that literally made two arms feel like home, or her warm words. Right now, River thought of another reason as her eyes marveled on the many treats and goodies placed on the dining table that morning. Trudy's cooking was something all Anubis housemates could agree upon.

She shared satisfied looks with the two pranksters on her side, reaching for a muffin.

"Woah. Trudy, how many people are actually leaving?" Jerome questioned.

River sat down, a delighted smile on her face as the rest of her housemates (besides Mick Campbell) flooded the dining table. She knew Jerome's question was rhetorical, but she didn't expect a reply from Trudy. "Well... Mick isn't the only one." That caused all the housemates to look up from their breakfast and to their housemother. "I've been offered a job. Assistant curator at the exhibition."

River's eyes widened in shock. She was happy for Trudy, really. Trudy seemed excited for her new job. Plus this time, she was leaving on her own terms and not getting fired. River was just going to miss the loving woman, an embodiment of motherly love. However, before she could congratulate Trudy, Alfie Lewis, in his shocked state, spat out his water, which hit the girl next to him. Aka Anubis's female prankster.

"Dude!" River exclaimed. Alfie gave her a sheepish smile and the rest of her housemates seemed unbothered by what happened to River, more interested in congratulating Trudy. River took her jumper that hung from her chair and used it to wipe herself.

Other than Alfie Lewis, his lifelong crush and girlfriend, Amber Millington was upset about the news. "First Mick, now you? Since when did everyone become so selfish? I need you, Trudy."

"What if we get someone who doesn't think it's funny to pull spaghetti out of your nose?" Alfie questioned, earning disgusted looks from his housemates.

"What they mean to say is," River began, shuddering off the image of Alfie's spaghetti antics, "we're happy for you, Trudes. We're gonna miss you though. It's not gonna be Anubis without the heart and soul of Anubis."

"Oh, don't." A now teary-eyes Trudy smiled at the group of teenagers as their final jocky member entered. "Please. I'm missing you all already." The bittersweet atmosphere suddenly grew tense and everyone knew why. It was evident to the housemates, even their soon-to-be-ex-housemother, that Mick and Mara had not spoken since Mick announced he was leaving yesterday. "So, Mick," Trudy began, deciding to ease the tension, "one more day and it's g'day, Australia."