SIXTY-ONE. house of trades

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Gathering in the Anubis dining room for breakfast were the residents themselves, their appetites needing to be filled asap. River took her usual seat between Eddie and Alfie, noticing that her favorite goth girl wasn't around. Just as River was thinking about her, the goth pixie stepped into the room with Piper by her side.

"You're probably wondering who this is," Patricia began, earning gasps from everyone (bar River, Amber, Mara, and Joy who already knew about Piper). "Meet Piper."

"Oh, gosh, another Patricia." Noah uttered. He widened his eyes, realizing he said that out loud, while Patricia sent him a raised eyebrow, and Piper chuckled. "Oh, gosh, I said that out loud."

"Pretty much," River confirmed with a nod.

"Oh," Alfie remarked with a grin, his eyes set on Piper. "Now it makes sense."

"Tell me about it," Eddie muttered.

. . .

"There are twice as many symbols on Victor's chart as there are on the tunnel wall," Fabian explained to the rest of Sibuna.

The gang was gathered in the student lounge/drama room for a meeting about their latest discovery — The Zodiac of Horus. Fabian had the photo of Victor's chart on his laptop and the chart from the tunnel on his phone, while River and Nina, who sat on either side of him, scanned them.

"And still nothing from the dollhouse," Nina added in an exasperated manner. "We're this close to the Mask chamber and Victor's gonna beat us to the punch."

"No, look," Fabian began as he closed his laptop. "We have as many clues as he has and you're not seriously suggesting he's smarter than we are?"

"Exactly. There's six of us and one of him," River confidently voiced. "We've outsmarted him once; we can outsmart him again."

"Luckier than us, though," Patricia said. "You've got to admit."

"But still, none of that means anything without his amulet," Nina declared. "We have got to get it off him."

. . .

River was used to having Victor gather her and her mystery-solving friends for one of his many infamous speeches. However, she was a bit confused when Victor and Vera gathered the entire Anubis residents in the living room and told everyone to stand in a straight line. River stood between Fabian and Noah, growing rather annoyed at Victor's actions. The man only said that he'd tell the students why they were gathered when everyone was there. The one person missing was Patricia Williamson. Thankfully, Patricia's voice was heard from the entrance hall. She didn't sound too happy from where River stood and she sounded like she was speaking to someone else.