SEVENTY-THREE. house of freeze

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Breakfast went on as normal for the Anubis residents and River had to admit, it felt amazing to have Trudy back and her cooking. Among the chatter, someone managed to quieten everyone down. It was Noah who stood from his seat in hit his spoon against his empty bowl, gaining everyone's attention.

"Uh, yes, Noah?" Eddie questioned as he and everyone grew confused.

"I have some great news to share," Noah announced. Just as his friends were about to open their mouths, he quickly continued. "No, don't guess! No one ever gets it right."

"What's the news, mate?" Alfie asked.

"You guys know the art competition I've been doing?" Noah inquired and nods were shared around the room. "Well, I've made it to the top three."

Cheers and applauds were shared around the table as everyone congratulated Noah while he sat back down.

"So what do you have to do for the final round?" Mara questioned.

"Me and the other two contestants are going to London where the main studio is and we're gonna be timed while doing a self-portrait in any form we want. So we can paint, draw, sculpt — anything."

"Wait, when are you leaving?" River was next to ask.

"Tomorrow," Noah revealed. "I'll be gone for about a week."

"Oh," Jerome uttered while some of the residents shared shocked looks. "Well, all the best for tomorrow, mate."

"I think this calls for a celebratory dinner tonight," Trudy spoke with a smile from where she stood by the counter.

"To Noah," River said as she raised her glass of orange juice.

Everyone mimicked her actions and Noah delightfully grinned as his friends cheered, "To Noah!"

A few residents, like Jerome, Eddie, Noah, and Mara had either left to their rooms or into the kitchen. River stayed seated next to Alfie, while the rest of the Sibuna members as well as Joy sat around the dining table as they chatted. However, something pulled River out of her conversation with Alfie. Nina, who hurried into the living room and took a laptop from the table. From where River sat, it looked like she'd been crying. She glanced over to Fabian and Amber, who both wore concerned looks.

"Nina?" Fabian called her, though Nina looked more intrigued with whatever she was doing on her laptop. "What's wrong? What did Sweetie want to talk to you about?"