SEVEN. house of myths

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

When River Lawrence befriended Jerome Clarke and Alfie Lewis, the three of them created their very own notebook filled with pranks at age eleven, titled It Probably Was Us. From recycled to already used, their best ideas and moments were written in that book. Now, at the ages of seventeen, the book only had a few pages left.

River happened to stumble across it and now she had a new, determined mindset when she hurried down the stairs. The black notebook was in her hand whereas her shoulder bag hugged her chest. It Probably Was Us made her feel nostalgic and reminded her about the good times she had before the whole Cup of Ankh search, before she found out she was half Zeno. She missed those times dearly, and the boys and her hadn't done a prank in a while.

She stepped into the living room, seeing the two boys she was looking for walking to the couch which had was where their bags were. The female prankster approached them with a smile and held up the notebook. "Guys, look what I found."

Jerome and Alfie looked at the notebook, with the former reading aloud the title made from newspaper letters, "It Probably Was Us. Oh, I forgot about that. I thought Alfie threw it away."

"And I thought an alien stole it from me," Alfie added.

River shared a perplexed frown with Jerome, with the former asking, "Why would an alien steal...?" Deciding that the issue wasn't important, she shook her head. "Never mind. Anyways, I found it this morning under a pile of clothes. It's been a while since we've done one of the pranks in here. You boys up for it?"

The blonde of the group nodded his head with a smirk. "Now, that's what I like to hear in the morning."

"As long as it doesn't interfere with my whole Amber situation, I'm in," Alfie agreed.

River smiled with excitement while her best friends picked up their bags. Something falling from under Jerome's bag caught the prank-loving trio's eyes as the boy in question picked up the piece of paper.

"What's that?" River asked, going around to Jerome's side to get a better view of whatever he held.

The small piece of paper was filled with neat writing and River knew only one boy in the house who wrote like that. Fabian Rutter. Jerome read the words aloud, "I sought treasure... the treasure was you."

"Well, that's a very short poem."

Alfie pointed at the signature below. "It's from Fabian."

The troublemaker looked up with a new glint in his eye. "Indeed it is." He folded the paper and put it in his pocket before turning to River. "Walking over with us?"