EIGHTY. house of surrender

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

River's favorite subject was Drama, but during her lesson, she could not focus. Miss Valentine was speaking about something to do with themes of plays, though River wasn't listening. She sat next to Noah, a desk in front of Amber and Fabian's, as her mind drifted to Nina's safety and how Sibuna was going to successfully win Senet and get Nina back. So far, Fabian hadn't won many rounds and they only had three days or Senkhra would... Well, end them.

"Okay, so, today, we're going to be talking about tragedies," Miss Valentine explained and River sighed, thinking it was very ironic. "What's the definition of a tragedy? It's in Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, even Homer Simpson. A tragedy is a tale that sees our hero come unstuck because of a flaw in their character or their inability to deal with what life throws at them. So often, our hero or heroine comes to an untimely end."

"Not this time, she doesn't!" Fabian suddenly yelled. River quickly turned to face him, her wide eyes scanning his face. Boy did he look like he was going to crack.

"What? I'm sorry?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

Fabian hurried out of his seat and to the door before heading out. River shared a concerned look with Amber.

"I think Fabian might be having a holistic breakdown," Amber said.

"Yeah, he's not okay," River voiced, shaking her head.

"He's lost it, totally," Patricia added in agreement.

"Is everything okay?" Miss Valentine asked, looking between the three Sibuna girls who were talking.

"Yeah," Amber began as she rose from her seat, "Yeah, uhm, he's just a bit upset about something."

The fashionista grabbed River by the wrist, who stood up too. She followed her friend to the door and they both opened it.

"We'll make sure he's okay," River excused herself and Amber. Thus the blonde and brunette duo began making their way toward the sounds of fast-moving feet and heavy panting. It didn't take them long to find Fabian, who entered another corridor and they followed him. Seeing the boy have his eyes on the door to the headmaster's office, River realized what Fabian was about to do. She and Amber ran up to him. "Fabian, stop!"

"Fabian, wait, what are you doing?" Amber inquired as she and River finally got in front of him. However, they were already standing before Mr. Sweet's office door.

"I'm going to talk to Mr. Sweet," Fabian answered. "Look, we have to find her. Dig up the tunnels. Whatever it takes!"

"We can't do that, Fabian!" River argued. "Use your head."