FIFTY-ONE. house of status

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

River tied her hair into a low pony before standing from her vanity table, seeing that Amber was still doing her makeup, Patricia was holding up another mirror for Amber and Nina was pacing in the room. All of them were waiting on Fabian and Alfie to come for their Sibuna meeting. The door opened, causing River to turn to face Fabian and Alfie who had just entered the room. River shook her head amusedly upon seeing Alfie playing with his action figures.

"Hey," Fabian greeted everyone.

"So, everyone's hearing back to normal this morning?" Nina asked.

River nodded her head, remembering how bad her hearing was last night after finding out the downfall of their latest task.

Amber gave a different answer though. "Speak up, Nina. Stop mumbling."

"Well, everyone including Amber's de-aging ears," River quipped.

"That answers that question," Nina said.

"Hey, Fabian," Alfie spoke to the nerd with his action figures in his hands, "do you wanna play before breakfast?"

"Alfie, you are not nine years old. Everyone, can we please focus."

"Kinda easy since you didn't hex us," River uttered with a shrug, causing Nina to send her a glare.

"Uhm, focus on what?" Fabian asked, tearing Nina's attention away from her prank-loving roomie and toward him.

"The task, Fabian!" Nina answered.

"Right! I'm... I'm sorry. My memory's getting worse."

"I think it's pretty clear everyone's getting worse," Nina noted and she wasn't wrong. River, however, didn't see much difference in herself, but she assumed the worst was yet to come. "Okay, guys, we need to find a way to finish this task and lift the curse. It's gotta be about knowing the melody. If Sarah was here, she would know."

"Sorry, who's Sarah?" Fabian inquired in perplexity.

"Sarah, Fabian! Dollhouse Sarah!" Nina sharply remarked, causing everyone (bar Alfie, who was too indulged in his action figures) to stare at her wide-eyed. "I'm sorry. Sorry, it's just..." Answering Nina's prayers was the dollhouse which lit up one of the rooms downstairs. "Thank you, Sarah!"

Nina immediately rushed to it, with the rest of Sibuna following behind. She opened the dollhouse and found whatever Sarah was showing the members of Sibuna. It was a small music stand and the sheets on it were glowing.