Fifty Six

"I can't.....loose you." He spoke softly as his eyes became watery at the thought. "I don't wanna loose you either, but we can't go on....the rule is the rule..." I said as I lightly cupped his cheek. "I can't....I can't." He cried. It broke my heart to see him like this. It hurt me because he was hurting. We were both hurting. I hugged him tightly. "Don't go....please....don't leave me again." He sniffles into my shoulder. Warm tears were now running down my cheek. "I'm sorry....." I cried. "We have to figure this out....." he said calming himself down. "We will figure this out." He said as he looked at me emphasize on the "will". I nodded, drying my tears.

Jungkook POV

Today I was meeting with the government and ministers to lift the rule. "There has to be some other way, why can't we all agree?" I asked. "Because, if she isn't royal then how is she going to rule a kingdom? How will she learn the etiquette, the behavior the passion, personally I think Jihyun is a great match and she -" I cut him off. "You don't need to be royal to have all of those things. She doesn't have to be royal to rule. She will be just fine, she can do better than any other royal, especially Jihyun." I replied. "He's right," my mother agreed. "It will be taken under consideration but their is no promises. From now on the rule stands. Meeting dismissed." He said and they left. I'm the fucking king. What the hell! I can change a damn rule if I want. I just need to get more people on board.

Y/n POV

Jungkook was trying his best to lift the rule. I felt terrible. He's going through all of this for me. It's best if I just leave. This entire thing was stressing him out. I can't put that much pressure on him. I know he's trying but I can't hold him back. "Jungkook..." I spoke softly. "Hmm." He replied. "I-I think we should talk...." I replied, with tears already welling up in my eyes. "Ok..." he replied. I sat next to him. "I-I think I s-should leave...." I spoke quietly as I looked away. "W-what? W-why?" He questioned. "I cnat have you go through all of this. This is stressing you out. You're holding back for me, I don't want you to." I replied. "No, I'm not letting you go..." he said. "Jungkook-" he cut me off. "No you're not leaving. You can't go, after everything, please...." he begged. "I'm sorry, but it's what's best for us, the rule can't be lifted." I said. "Then I'll try harder, I'll make them lift it, please don't leave me!" He pleaded. "I'm sorry, I have to go Jungkook."