Twenty two

"Y/n!" We both looked in he direction of the voice. It was Taehyung. Jungkook immediately let go of my hand and left the room. Taehyung say beside my bed. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "Better," I replied. "I'm sorry Taehyung," I said. "It's ok," he said with a smile. "I'm just not ready for that yet, but I'm sure we can still be good friends," I suggested. "Good friends, is like that." He chuckled. I slowly leaned in to hug him. "Thank you," I said.

After Taehyung left I decided to get some rest, but Jungkook was still on my mind. Where did he go last night? How did he know what happened. Soon I drifted off to deep sleep.

Jungkook POV
I entered the room quietly to check on Y/n. Those last words she said to me. Seemed oddly familiar. Almost too familiar. Is she remembering. No. It must be a coincidence. I slowly creeped closer to the bed to see her fast asleep. I lightly smiled at her adorable sleeping figure. "Why can't you remember me...." I whispered softly as I lightly caressed her smooth cheek.

" I whispered softly as I lightly caressed her smooth cheek

Suddenly she fluttered her eyes open. With my hand still on her cheek, she squinted her eyes and looked at me. She smiled.

Y/n POV
"J-Jungkook?" I said in a sleepy voice. "I just came to check on you, I'm sorry for waking you," I said. "It's ok," I slowly stretched and tried to sit up. Jungkook quickly aided me. "Did you sleep well?" He asked as he sat on the bed. "Mmmhmmm," I replied. A small silence filled the room until I spoke. "I'm sorry, about earlier, with Taehyung." I said looking down.

"Do you like him?" He asked as he looked at me inquisitively. I looked into his eyes which was always filled with familiarity. "No," I replied. My mouth speaking before my brain could process what I was saying. "I don't like him." I responded. Jungkook looked at me with slight relief in his expression. "You should go back to sleep, you need plenty of rest." He said with a smile. Suddenly he began leaning in and he kissed my forehead. "Sleep tight, if you need anything call me," he said. I gave a small nod and he slowly left the room.

The next morning I awoke to the peep of sunlight shining through the window. I looked down to see the familiar toned arm around my waist. I wanted to get up but I felt a bit weak. So I just snuggled into his chest. I looked up to see his beautiful sleeping figure. He can be mean at times but he's nothing but a softie inside. "Such a cutie," I whispered as I bit my lip. "I know," he responded.