12: don't die on me yet

Today was our last day together. When the bell rang, we would all have to go home right away. Everyone gave their numbers to me, including Levi.

Hanji suddenly stood up. "Ah! Guys! On Christmas, let's hang out!"

Everyone's face lit up agreeing with the her idea.

"Where are we hanging out?" Mikasa asked.

Hanji glanced at me. "Well, um. If it's ok, can we hang out at (Y/N)'s place?"

What. My place. Oh crap.

"Um. Yeah. Sure!" I said yes even though I knew I had a lot of cleaning to do.

"Then it's settled!" Hanji exclaimed. She was always cheerful.

The bell rang and everyone rushed out the door. We said our goodbyes. Levi just waved to us. He didn't want to talk. Everyone told him to say home and rest, yet he still came to school wearing a mask.

The other day, the rain felt extremely cold. A simple tablet won't help if you get extremely sick. Levi kept coughing and sniffing. He barely talked and looked tired. I used my spare umbrella and I let Levi use the one I always use.

I hurried out the door, concerned about the puppies. It only took me 2 minutes to make it to that one place where I had to run around the corner. I ran straight and stopped. Again, the puppies were still there with the umbrella and towel. The box was soaked. I looked at the boy standing next to the box. Now, I could clearly see his face.

It really was Levi.

He stared at the puppies probably worried. He was sick yet he stayed in the rain worrying about the puppies? What happened to the cold and mean Levi? Was he only kind to animals?

"Tch. I would adopt you if you weren't so filthy."

I wasn't sure of what he said, but I was almost able to make out his words.

Levi finally decided to leave. I walk up to the box and think for awhile. "You know what, you guys are coming home with me."

I take Levi's umbrella that was leaned against the wall and folded it. I realized that the 'towel' wasn't actually a towel. It was a white jacket. The jacket was pretty cool. Why would he just leave it here? I put the jacket and umbrella in my backpack. How was I going to carry the puppies? Hm. My apartment was pretty close.

I closed the lids of the box. Just as I was about to pick the box, something shiny caught my eye. Eh?! Did Levi drop his keys?! Does he want to die?! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! What if he faints from exhaustion and go delirious?! I'll kill that stupid, egotistical bastard!!

Furiously shoving the key in my pocket, I picked up the soaking box, supporting the bottom of the box with my left arm. My right arm wrapped around the box. I felt the puppies panick and jump around inside but they just have to bare with it for a while. I'll apologize and make it up to them later. I ran as fast as I can and finally reached my apartment. I quickly unlock the door and tossed my backpack into the couch. I rush to the bathroom and closed the toilet lid and shower curtain. I take the puppies out of the box and let them run around. My house was already dirty enough, therefore I locked the puppies in the bathroom.

I grabbed my phone and quickly dialed whoever's contact came up first. Hanji was first so I dialed her.

The phone rang for a few seconds and she answered,

"Moshi Moshiii!"

"HANJI!" I yell.

"Eh?! What's wrong?!"

"Long story. Where does Levi live?! And does he live alone?!"

"Rose District! Apartment number 103! And he does live alone!"

"Ok! Thanks!" I hung up on her and rushed out the door. I slammed the door shut but didn't bother to lock it.

Rose District Apartment 103? Eh?! That's right across the road from my complex! I run across the street and search frantically for 103. I look up and I see I figure sitting. I run up the stairs and just as I thought, it was Levi. He was sitting on the floor, leaned against his door.

That stupid bastard! Is he alive?! I run up to him and thankfully, he was still breathing. But I touched his forehead and he was burning. I forgot my umbrella so I was soaking wet. I unlock his door using the keys he dropped. Oh gosh. How am I supposed to carry him? I opened the door wide and dragged Levi in. I groaned as I tugged his heavy body. I barge into his bathroom and grabbed his towel. I wipe Levi's hair, trying to dry off the rain. I grab more towels from his cabinet and set it on the couch so it won't get wet. After drying off most of the rain off of Levi, I set him on the couch. I run around looking for his AC. I found it near the door and turned the heat up. I go into his kitchen and search the fridge and cabinets for anything useful. There was nothing. All I found was tea, coffee, milk, jam, butter, and bread. And a toaster. What is up with this guy? I just realized now how neat and shiny everything was. The shiny tile floor was now covered in muddy footsteps and was wet from when I dragged Levi. He will snap when he sees this.

I cannot believe Levi has nothing in his kitchen. This is absurd! I walk out of the apartment, lock the door, and put his key in my pocket. I return to my apartment and fed the puppies. Then, I take all the medicine I can find, just putting them all in a plastic bag. I like to keep plastic bags just in case at times like these. I had a thick warm blanket in my closet that I'm not using since I just recently replaced my blanket with a different one. I'll let Levi borrow my blanket. I folded the blanket and tried to make it fit in my backpack. My house was a mess. I have a lot of cleaning to do. I quickly go back to Levi's apartment just to cover him with the blanket.

I decided to go grocery shopping for a while. I bought all kinds of food. Junk food, sweets, vegetables, fruits, cereal, food seasoning, brownies, and more. I bought a lot of instant cup noodles since Levi probably didn't eat anything and was too lazy to cook. I bought a lot of energy drinks and juices from the nearest convenience store. I was carrying so many crap, yet I just walked to all these places. Man, I need a car. I never thought of getting a car until now.

After, I rushed back to Levi's apartment. I drop all the things I bought on the floor. I stretched my aching back. Gawd. Is this how mothers feels like?

I sort all the food in his kitchen. Now, his kitchen looked beautiful. It was filled with food and all kinds. I made heaven right here. Should I make soup or just give him instant noodles? Naw. I was really tired so I just decided to heat up instant noodles. I boiled up some water and poured it in the cup.

After 15 minutes, the noodles finally became soft and warm enough to be edible. Alright, I'll feed Grumpy Midget and give him his medicine.

It's going to be a tiring week.