6: mark ships it confirmed

video above is the dance in this chapter

Next few chapters will be boring bc its building up for the good parts aight

***

Your POV

The staff finally finished taking our measurements for the costumes, so now all of us were sitting on the floor waiting for the test runs to be done so we can dance and scatter out of here.

When I thought my boring highschool life would be pretty much be just as boring for the rest of my life, I was so wrong. But I just slightly miss it. Why wouldn't I, I mean, I'm suddenly forced to be in the same radius as the cheating ex, got a fan confess their love to me five minutes into a conversation, and suddenly normal everyday things I did was enough to make it into magazines. Seriously, there was this dating rumor that started when I visited my cousin. That wasn't even part of it all. I don't even know what's happening anymore? When did all of this happen? It's like I was just sitting in class and when I fell asleep, I also fell through a wormhole and bam, I'm here.

College days are back, and the heating pads returns. Coming to theatres near you.

Everyone seemed out of it, too. They weren't talking much, and for some reason, they also seemed to be looking out for something. Maybe our managers are coming?

The staff helped place a simple table with two chairs on each side in the middle of the stage. The room dimmed out and the stage lit up red and red roses were projected on the floor. Music started playing, which started out too low and then gradually got louder as they noticed that it wasn't. The theme for this dance was lover's quarrel so they set a mood of heartbreak and distance between a couple. Fancy, I know.

The lights were turned back on and Mark clapped once and observed us. "Levi, (Y/N), this duo's all yours."

Wait what?

"Perfect!" Connie exclaimed. I glared at the boy for thinking this was anywhere near perfect. It's not! It's a nightmare!

"I thought this was Sasha and Connie's part?" I protested.

Mark pretended to think, "Hmm, I guess there was a change of plans."

"But-"

"Don't make me drag you."

I sighed and picked myself up off of the floor. I walked towards the table where Levi was already sitting and waiting. I sat on the opposite side of him, avoiding eye contact. I sat down like a child having a fit. Since I was gonna dance with him, it included ineracting, so rather than 'accidentally' whooping him with a broomstick, I just took a deep breath and pretended he was just a stranger that I need to be nice to. We were taught the choreography even though it wasn't for us but if there was some problem that occurred during the performance, we can easily substitute. But I didn't think it would be so soon. I don't know why I'm surprised though. Everything in my life is just squaring up to me - so soon.

"Music!" Mark yelled.

We got in starting position before the music started. My head was down, arms clutching the chair. Levi looked away with his legs crossed, arm resting on the table. We portrayed two people who used to love each other so much, but can't even look at each other anymore. And I think we were doing well with that part.

The light sound of a piano started playing, and we broke free of our still pose. This whole choreography is super enemy friendly, and I'm totally sure this will all be over soon, and everything will be all good. Totally.