20: keep yourself together

Today was our last day of rehearsal. Tomorrow is the festival and I couldn't wait. We already got most of the choreography perfect, even though we were always fooling around or trying to shank each other.

Erwin was making some little tweaks to the dance to make perfect even more perfect.

"Wow, I have to say (Y/N), you're doing amazing despite being new here!" Erwin complimented.

"RIGHT?" Hanji exclaimed, giving herself a pat on the back.

I smiled shyly as I awkwardly thanked them.

I kept my distance away from Hanji and Sasha as I wasn't sure yet whether they were planning to cause mischief again. I also swore to only wear tight shoes with no shoelaces to step on at dance practice. That way certain incidents would stop occuring.

"Alright, we'll go through it one more time and we will be finally done."

We stood in our positions as we mentally counted to the beat of the music. With each swift move, we shared a joy, a passion - in synchronization.

We spun, jumped, and twisted with divine fluency. The climax of the song was near. I stepped forward, then back, and felt the atmosphere with my finger tips. I slowly turned my head to the right, observing the crowd doing the same. I let my eyes wander and admired the bland yet wonderful scenery. This was a simple dream, and I was living it.

I observed Erwin who stood tall and confident. Hanji, who looked extremely delighted and hyped. My eyes lurked once more and they landed on...

Sweet MOMMA.

IS ANYONE ELSE SEEING THIS?

OOOOoooOoooOOoH

BOI.

LORD THY NAME FALL ONTO THIS MASTERPIECE.

SWEET PEBBLES, HOW COULD SUCH-

ERRR MAH GERRD.

HOLY SPATULAS.

WOW.

KIMOCHI.

SUGOI.

EXPLAIN THIS CATASTROPHE.

I have seen many things and today was one of those things. My brain cartwheeled, backflipped, frontflipped, and stopped functioning altogether. I tried not to be obvious but my eyes widened, and I bit my lip containing my squeals in.

Have I ever seen something so toned? So defined?

Man! How many squats do you everyday, Levi?

The more I stared at it the more time felt slowed down.

I am officially voting that fine booty as most dangerous weapon of all-

Wait!

What am I saying? Have I gone insane? Focus, (Y/N)!

My eyes were glued on the fine creation of life-

Stop! Stop. Stop. Stop.

Okay, just a few more seconds won't hurt.

No! Stop looking!

My eyes tried to pry itself from the sight but struggled. It was like an enjoyable trap that belonged to an unpleasant being. It was like mountains created by the tears of agonizing suffering of souls. Sweet lord, have mercy! I fought against temptation- wow, I wanna just grab it... WAIT. NO.

I felt my whole body radiate extra heat, and form a drop of nervous sweat. My eyes traveled up, up, up, and up, slowly away from God's creation. I could just look at the ceiling and forget all of this ever happened.

Erwin tapped his foot onto the wooden floor, "And... Head roll. Head twist. Hair flip..."

My eyes continued to travel up until my attention was caught by the face of something so cold yet so pleasant. The way his dark strands of hair bounced, the way his eyes glistened, the way he...

The way he...

My heart pounded violently against my chest, beating faster every minute.

The way... He...

"(Y/N)?"

"(Y/N)?"

"(Y/N)!"

My senses quickly returned back to reality.

"You okay? You look...pale. Are you sick?" Erwin asked concerned.

Sick from that perfect human being, I thought.

"Uh... No... I'm just kinda tired, I didn't sleep well." I lied.

"Oh, alright. But do tell me when there's a problem."

I nodded. I awkwardly scratched the back of my head, before hearing snickers behind me.

Hanji gave me a smirk, "That's right. Keep staring." She clicked her tongue at me then stroked her brows.

"Brat. Why do you keep staring?" Levi asked harshly.

I gulped. "I'm not... staring. I was letting my mind free into oblivion and you happened to be in sight as I zoned out."

Everyone contained their laughter at my lame alibis.

"Hey! It's not my fault Levi's butt is hypnotizingly sculpted!"

Oops.

Everyone burst into roars of hysterical fits and violent laughter. Erwin stood there surprised, as Levi just stared in disbelief.

I stood there cupping my cheeks and forever internally screaming.

"Well, that's interesting," Jean remarked.

I gently held my throat and let out a fake cough. A puny one, like a small helpless kitten. But Hanji laughed again, and my puny coughs transitioned to demonic, loud, aggressive coughs.

"Oh no! I must have gotten sick! I think I need a... bathroom.. break? Ah, yes. Gotta pee. Gotta blast." I said with complete monotonous apathy.

Levi shook his head, "Tch."

My heart stopped. "Oh man, is it just the air in here or am I slowly dying because a health issue is slowly suffocating me? Either way, goodbye."

And I ran out the door.

I put my hand over my heart,

(Y/N), what has happened to you?