26: it's now or never

"Um. (Y/N), why exactly did you buy so much?" Armin asked, slightly worried.

"IMPULSE," I yelled. I could barely walk because I was trying not to drop the four small buckets of popcorn and five bags of cotton candy that I tried to successfully carry with my arms. We were here at the carnival just as we planned to enjoy our time together. It's only been fifteen minutes and I already bought everything that looked appealing to me. It wasn't helpful at all that the food was inexpensive too. Which explains the amount of popcorn and cotton candy I'm holding right now. The good thing is however, I was a little off because I just realized my feelings for a certain short boy that was with us until I forgot about it all when I saw the food.

The sun was out but it wasn't hot nor too sunny which made the day even better. There was a row of tents set up side by side, each one containing different games and prizes to win. This carnival was only open once annually so I'm glad I got to visit with friends.

But of course, the best part was the rides.

Carousels, drop towers, human slingshots, and so much more. But the main course - rollercoasters.

We went to our first carnival game which was the game where you try to catch goldfish with a paper net before it rips. Then we threw balls at stacked pins, aimed water guns at targets, shot hoops, smacked groundhogs with hammers, and raced miniature horses. It was all fun carnival games until Annie and Mikasa came down to an extreme competitiion. The two won the best top prizes but Mikasa gave them to Eren. Annie would also give her prizes to Eren just to spark Mikasa's rage that hid behind her calm demeanor. So we all just stood back and watched the intense showdown.

We probably played almost all the carnival games and won too many prizes, but hey, who's complaining?

I instantly felt regret after I felt like exploding from all the food I ate. I knew I didn't need to do that, and I had the power to stop myself, but urge is a strong irresistible enemy of mine. I walked around looking for the restroom or a bench to rest on. I'll climb a tree and lay there like a sloth for all I care.

Miraculously finding the restroom, I heard a loud gasp beside me just before I walked in, and Hanji's face was gleaming with joy. You know something is up and you're probably about to die when Hanji's face lights up the way it did just now. She pointed at something somewhere in the distance, and following the direction her finger was pointing, I saw what made her so hyped.

The rollercoaster.

I suddenly didn't need the restroom anymore. I ended up reacting exactly like Hanji before grabbing her hand then excitedly breathing out the words, "Let's. Ride. It."

"Gurl, you kno' we gon' end up riding all up in that shidazzle whether you wanted to or not." She sassed.

"Hella!"

Hanji jumped in joy and grabbed everyone else, forcing them to ride the rollercoaster. Armin's face turned pale, looking like his soul just left his pure innocent body. Mikasa pulled his stiff body along and the poor coconut lost his grip on life.

The line for the ride was faster than we thought so we anticipated for the moment.

"Hmm. I don't know if you reach the height requirement." I mocked Levi.

He raised his eyebrow at me then did the frequent 'tch.' "You're shorter than me, brat."

"Let me have my moment, Levi." I said pretending to be dramatically hurt.

His cheeks tinted a little bit of pink and I laughed at his foolishness. I listened in on the strangers around us and heard words sbout the rollercoaster like "scary", "fast", and "crazy".