12: come see our show

The zipper on my dress got stuck but we had to go out on stage at that same moment. The host introduced us, the audience cheered, and then it was our cue. So with a crippled dress, I walked on stage with a friendly smile. The host made a joke about how the staff had to add another couch because of how many of us there were. The audience laughed. And it was like that so far the rest of the interview. Joke, laugh, joke, laugh, laugh, laugh, laughing too much that the host starts crying, laugh, laugh, joke, ohmygoshareyouokaystoplaughingyoucantbreathe. I'd say it was going well.

The host wipes away the tears (of joy) from his eyes. "Alright, alright. Moving on. Next, we'd like to talk about somethin' which I think is some spicy information. I think you guys would like to hear about this one."

The audience cheered, but I don't even know what they were cheering on exactly.

The host continues, "So...These past few days there has been many news and rumors that had started after this picture came out." A picture shows up on the huge screen behind us, and would you look at that. "As seen in this pic, (Y/N) seems to be leaving Levi's home. So of course, many start to wonder if there is something blooming between the two of you." The audience livens up with their 'oohs'. "Any confirmations on that, Levi? (Y/N)?"

I started to fidget and the level of awkward rose. "Um, I was just visiting my...buddy? Um yeah, buddy. And it's not exactly his place so it's not like we were alone...T-the members of the Survey Corps are staying there too..." Gosh I'm so unnatural at this.

The host laughs maniacally, "I figured you'd say that." The audience laughs. "So I dug up on the case some more. When you first arrived at Levi's place - or the Survey Corps' place as you said- ahem, you were first seen there sometime in the evening. Around the same time, the rest of the members, of course excluding Levi, were found, out and about someplace else like the mall or something. Not even near the house. Before your arrival, Levi was seen in the backyard who then returned back inside the house but was never seen leaving at any other time after that. And then of course, you arrived. And you also weren't seen leaving after that. And then the next morning, the other members get home, but you still haven't left. Wait a couple more hours, and there you are, running out, with hair all messed up and the same-clothes-from-the-night-before a bit ruffed up." The audience gets even more hyped, like they were reacting to a live soap opera.

We all stood in shock. I could not even move. I could not comprehend. I could not believe. I take a deep breath and fan myself as I feel my face heat up.

I nod then pretend to think deeply, "Hmm, on the same day, Hanji told me she was going somewhere really important, so she had me drop off her bag to her place, hence me ending up at 'also Levi's place'. Would you like to tell us where exactly was this 'important place' she spoke of?"

Another pic shows up on the big screen and the host points. "Well, right there in the pic, she's having a blast at the mall. And in the next pic," the screen switches to another picture of Hanji walking over to a group of people. "She's walking over... Oh, look! Walking over right to the other members! Except where's Levi and (Y/N)? Oh right, alone somewhere. What we'd really like to know is what you guys did, simple." Laugh, laugh, laugh, laugh. I look at Hanji with a sweet, oh, sweet, smile.

"Man, are you a talk show host or the FBI?" I 'joke'.

"Yes," the host smirks, not really answering me clearly. Cue audience laughter. "Levi, you seem particularly quiet, what do you have to say for this?" He teases. The cheering commences again.

Levi strokes his hair back and I look away because it was so hot- never mind. I was about to say something again because it seems I'm the only one who cares? Levi, a smart mouth, decides to shut up now, especially when we're being put on the spot about rumors. This was like a debate- state your facts, state your evidence, make your point, then wait for what the other party has to say. Except they're too shook to say something. I was too. My heart was hella beating.

I sigh, crack my knuckles, then let out a cough.

Right after, Levi says, "I was sick."

The host gives us a look of mischief, "(Y/N) seems like she is too." The audience cheers again and I sigh. I look at the other members who remained silent the whole time, and they give me cheeky smiles. This must be so entertaining for them.

Levi sits up and exhales, "She only came to do a quick favor for Hanji but then she saw I was sick so she took care of me. That's it, nothing else. And she did that because she's an amazing person- the most caring and nicest person I've met yet can still be annoying as hell when she wants to. She doesn't care what others think about her and will go out of her way, her own time, to help out anybody. She's genuine, funny, and can give anyone a true feel of life."

Everyone bursts into "Awws" and I look at Levi, surprised. I take a deep breath before I start crying. What's with the sudden compliment?

"And you would definitely know that because you guys did have history since high school?" The host continues on with the topic.

"Yes, I would. That's why I fell in love with her."

What.

The audience roars into screams, cheers, sobs, awws, oohs, and I died. On the spot. Eren, Armin, Marco, and Hanji starts crying while clapping like drunk seals. I sit there, looking at the floor. Part of me wanted to believe this isn't real, that it was all just Media Stunt, but majority wins- and the majority was that I believe this is all real. I was happy, I am happy, but at the same time I ached because I knew it was him again to make me feel like this. He drives me insane. He drove me insane.

"What do you have to say for that, (Y/N)?" The host asks, but I remain speechless.

"He never fails to surprise me," I breathe out.

...

The rest of the interview was just silly games, laughing (lots of it), and occasionally turning the spotlight to me and Levi. I wanted the show to end soon but the people all over the world watching it surely didn't want it to. The interview already blew up on media, as many describes it as the best episode the talk show has ever broadcasted. Oh, after that, I'm sure it was. As the comments said, it was "hilarious", "tense", "amazing", and more words to describe it. The show's ratings and views actually went up that night. It was crazy. That was good because the whole point of the interview was to promote our upcoming tour, which was starting in a freaking month. Maybe we even got new fans. We ended the show with tour details - where and when - saying things like "see our show, you'll love it", blah, blah, blah. 

But it was another sleepless night for me because once again, Levi turns my life to 90 million different directions of crazy. Life feels like a sugar rush. It's like Life knows it's all going to end for me soon so it's just giving me all the Adrenaline of Life in one short time period and then after I just go sayonara. Go from a chaotic sugar rush to suddenly Nothing, an endless void of darkness, that you don't even know you're in.

"That's why I fell in love with her."

His voice, in my head again. Echoing and echoing.

It seems he's always just gonna be there, in my head, infinite and inevitable. Maybe because there's something about him- no it's him that's unforgettable,

and

That's why I fell in love with him.

That's why I'm still in love with him.

And that's why I have to tell him.