30: may i have this dance

"Oi, brat."

"What cha want, foo'?"

"That school version of a frat party."

"Okay?"

"Go with me."

"You know you have a really strange way of asking me to go with you to things."

"Tch. It's... not that easy to do it."

And so here I am.

Apparently, we're all going to prom. I was sure I was never going to go but I suddenly had a special someone to ask me to go with them fall out of nowhere. So now we were in a room full of headless, limbless mannequins and clothing racks - all of them filled with dresses.

We took turns trying on dresses, coming out from the dressing room, doing a little walk, and then getting an opinion from the girls.

"I'd wear my giraffe onesie to prom if I could." I wasn't even joking. I really would if I could.

They nodded their heads, agreeing with the idea like they were also going to do it if it was really allowed.

"Why did we do this last minute?" Mikasa asked resting her arm on the chair.

"I dunno. It's not really a problem, though." Sasha replied.

Hanji was the only who could drive so she borrowed her father's car and drove us someplace far, making sure it was a place no one else - or atleast not many - will buy a dress from.

"How about this one?" I looked into the mirror, seeing a flowy black dress that fit perfectly. I realized my bottom was nowhere near the perfection Levi had, but hey at least it was mine.

Hanji gasped. "THIS IS IT. DON'T EVEN TRY ON A DIFFERENT ONE, THIS IS IT." Assuming with her reaction, I'd be better off with this dress.

We all finally found the dress for us after three hours, and was excited to go home to rest.

.

.

The Next Day

Today was the event of prom - our first and last. Everyone was too upset about the school year ending and leaving each other so we decided to enjoy the day and have fun to the fullest.

We decided to watch a movie in the morning. A horror movie, to be exact. The guys screamed more than the ladies, hugging each other each time there was some sort of suspense. It was hilarious for us. But terrible news as well because - well, they screamed too loud in the theater.

Later in the afternoon, we finally got home getting ready for prom. Sasha did my makeup even though I refused to. But she insisted. However, I forgot that I was wearing makeup and rubbed it all off by accident. And so I went through the torturous process again, feeling sorry for ruining Sasha's hard work.

.

.

At Prom

We were so special that the gang came in, no, not even in limos, but something way far more special.

We arrived in

bicycles.

With training wheels.

Glow up, son.

Okay but seriously? Do you even know how hard it was to ride in bicycles with fancy dresses. We struggled. I can't even explain. Why did we even use bicycles in the first place? Well, Hanji used her father's car for an experiment and of course, it didn't start when it we needed it for a ride. We could've walked, but not with our heels. Sasha suggested bikes with training wheels for a grand entrance, thinking she was kidding - but oh boy she wasn't.

Anyway we put all of that behind our backs and looked for the rest of the group.

"Don't tell me, they took longer to get ready than us." Mikasa sighed.

Just as she said those words, the crowd around us started whistling and cheering. We turned our heads and Eren, Armin, Jean, and Levi came in as a four member boy band looking fresh. As. Frick.

"Dang gurl, look at yo man. You lucky," Hanji wiggled her eyebrows at me and laughed.

Levi looked fine - and I mean hella fine. His suit was clean and pressed, and he looked like he smelled like heaven and daisies. His hair was slicked back and it was so beautiful that I had to lean on a stranger for support. "Mama mia." I whispered. The stranger fanned me anyway even though obvious fear and confusion was on his face, but then nodded his head in agreement.

Crowds made their way for them and girls squealed. Hanji was so amused that she laughed and wheezed to the point where people thought someone had snuck in alcohol and got her drunk.

Levi made his way over to me and people looked curious. Literally why was the guy they considered a prince making his way to someone they don't even knew existed?

A few girls ran up to Levi blushing and asked him to dance.

"Sorry," Levi put his arm around me. "I'm saving it for her."

The girls and the nosy people watching the scene gasped with surprise on their faces.

Hanji stuck her tongue out at them, "Sorry, ladies. He's saving it for his girl."

"Wait, you're dating?!" The girl with red hair asked in surprise.

The people around us gasped once more and started whispering. Okay honestly, these people need to mind their own business. How are they even hearing any of this over the music. Highschoolers, I swear.

Hanji scared off the girls and gave us a thumbs up.

"Well, you look fine," I teased Levi.

"Same to you." He fixed my hair and I nearly died.

"Well, what chu waitin for? Let's dance!" Sasha yelled happily.

The music turned up and lord be with us. Dancing? More like 'hey everybody, if you hear music, just grind on everything'. I had to pinch the bridge of my nose at the shame.

"Maybe, later." I backed out.

Finally after what seemed forever, the suffering ended. A slow song started and there was PDA everywhere. Way to make the teachers go insane.

I felt something touch my arm and it was Levi's hand reaching out to me. I put a muffin on his palm, thinking he was asking for some on my plate. He looked at the muffin unamused and put it back on my plate. I picked up the rejected muffin and just as I was about to eat it, Levi grabbed it from my hand, and stole my plate, putting it down on the table. He pulled me into the middle of the room.

"Do you know how to slow dance?" He asks.

"Ironically - hell no."

"Good. Me neither."

We tried to figure out where to place our hands and what to do exactly but we got it.

The night faded away and together, we danced.