25: do you know now

Rly short chapter sorry :((

WE REACHED 50K READS *NOSEBLEED* THANK U GUYS SO MUCH U R THE BEST PPL IN THE WORLD ;-;;

_____________________

School is officially back again. I'm still restless - panicking and dying everytime I saw a glimpse of Levi in the hallways or anywhere, even in my head. The group watched Levi and I constantly as if they were waiting for something to happen anytime now. But unfortunately, that wasn't going to be anytime soon.

I sat in class twirling my pencil in my hand, waiting for class to end. The teacher went on and on about math formulas. The only formula I'll need in life are food recipes. And calculating the curve of that booty that belonged to Levi. Jesus.

The days seemed to get slower around this time.

"(Y/N)!"

I flinched at the sound of my name being yelled out. My head shot towards my teacher, looking at me with a slight rage in his face.

"Are you paying attention, Miss?"

"Yes, sir. Sorry." I apologized. He should be the one apologizing to me for making suffer through the most boring class ever.

Soon, the bell rang and I did a victory dance mentally. I got called up to the office to do more student aide work. Mrs. Shelbert handed me a stack of papers to give to another one of my teachers - who I was gonna end up helping anyway. 

I walked carefully up the stairs, making sure my clumsy fingers didn't accidentally drop the papers everywhere. And then I smiled.

This reminded me of the first time I met Levi. I should be mad but the memory just made me laugh to myself. The way his ego just bursted out of nowhere - leading up to the events of me taking care of my enemy and my enemy falling for me.

I walked in the classroom and everyone's eyes turned to me. I awkwardly made my way to the teacher and he gave me a smile and mouthed 'thank you'. He pointed at the chair beside his desk, telling me to sit down. So I did.

After a few minutes, he walked over to me and kindly asked me to grade his papers for him. Agreeing to it - acting like I had a choice even though I don't - I grabbed a pen and started marking the papers.

Some of the papers made me feel unsatisfied as if it belonged to me, but these people weren't even getting one answer right.

And the next paper came down to Levi. Of course, he got everything right. I nearly rolled my eyes at Mr. Perfect. I don't know who gave birth to him, but whoever made him must've been doing something 'different' to create such a kind.

A bit later, I heard a 'psst' and a ball of paper being thrown at me. I turned around and Hanji was waving happily at me. I waved back until she pointed behind her. Levi's head was resting on his palm who gazed at me then immediately looked at away, putting his head down instead.

Now that I was aware of his presence I felt uncomfortable. I was too conscious about my actions so I never took my eyes off of the papers I was grading.

I kept myself "busy" until this class ended.

~

I laid in my bed, which I did more often these days. I thought about the agreement the group made to visit the carnival downtown two days from now. We were talking about studying together at first but Hanji suddenly threw in the idea that everyone seemed to like. I had one last homework left and I was done with schoolwork assigned after school. I groaned as I struggled to concentrate on anything. I laid on my side and saw the album that Hanji forgotten at my house during spring break sitting beside the lamp, which I also forgot to return to her. I grabbed it and flipped through the pages. I don't what "memories throughout the years" Hanji was talking about because the album was just full of Levi pictures. It was like his life story being told through illustration.

I stared at each picture having all these feelings of all kind. I'm telling you, every single photo was adorable. That, I couldn't deny. From photos of him falling asleep in random places to young Levi with pigtails and looking completely fine - actually willing - with it.

Who would've thought this year would've ended up like this. Even worse, what happened to me hating him for being a complete jerk? Didn't he call me stupid after he bumped into me? But all of that was gone.

And then I saw a picture of Levi with another girl.

This was a feeling I haven't felt in a while.

And that's when I realized.

I did feel the same way about him.

And this time I was sure of it.