19: hello meet midget

Mid-Tour Time Skip

It's been six months in to our tour, and we're past halfway done, two months left. It has been way too much fun these past few months. We have been working hard nonstop and we were finally given a break. It was just a one-week-and-five-day break but it was more than enough. We were okay with even just 30 minutes. Currently we are in Vermont, resting in our shared, rented penthouse, trying to talk to each other but are too lazy laying around and watching anything on TV.

This gave me flashbacks to that dang French academy. The heating pads, the bruises, the aches- it was all back. At least we didn't have to study for anything.

Sitting in silence, my phone rings. I almost didn't answer it but I figured it was probably important. I crawled on the floor reaching for it on the table.

I answer it.

A familiar voice answers on the other side.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I say, catching the attention of every body in the room.

She explains the situation and my heart sank.

"Oh," was all I could say. "Umm, I'll come as soon as I can. Just tell me the rest when I get there. Bye."

I ended the call and Armin asks, "What's wrong?"

"It's...my dad. Something happened," I tell him, but containing all the details.

I get up and head to the bedroom, immediately looking for some sort of bag to shove clothes in. I had to find a flight, if possible, as soon as tonight. Levi walks into the room.

He asks, "You're going to your parents, right?"

"Yeah."

"Let me come with you. I want to meet them."

~

Levi and I did find a flight but since it was so last minute, we had to pay big dough. I explained everything to Levi on the plane that my mom called and told me news that my dad was hospitalized, but it wasn't just a one day stay, it was going to be a while. And if that was the case, something must be wrong.

We arrived the next morning. We didn't even get a hotel, we just went straight to the hospital. We looked tired because we were, but not as much as my mom. We were greeted by her, and it seemed like she hasn't gotten any rest in days.

"Oh, dear! You look so different! Look at you! I haven't seen you in forever!" She says, cupping my face after a tight hug. My dad would've done the same but he couldn't right now. After telling how much we missed each other, she led us to the room and on the bed was my dad, asleep. Different wires were attached to him, and the constant rhythm of a beeping sound echoed. She gestures for us to sit.

"What happened to dad?" I ask.

"He's sick in some way. He's been getting weaker. This actually started a few months ago, but we didn't tell you because you were working so hard and we didn't want to get in your way-"

"My job should never be a reason for you to not tell me this. Whatever happens to you guys is first," I say.

"I know, I know- But we thought he was gonna get better. And when he does it's like nothing happened, and we didn't even have to say anything and worry you. But he's just getting worse. He's constantly fainting, randomly getting weak and falling, and just last night, he becomes unconscious out of nowhere. The doctors don't even know what's wrong yet," she explains.