2: i got a feeling and it's not good

"This is ridiculous." Marco complained as he fixed his curly blonde wig. "And my makeup's smearing!"

Ignoring Marco's complaints, I pushed my glasses up and tossed whatever food I found appealing in my basket. And yes, we were buying food again, stocking up for our week in this sunny city. It was autumn, the wind was somewhat refreshing but still not enough to beat the sun which wasn't so great with our ridiculous disguises of messy wigs, hats, and glasses. But it had to be done.

I grabbed one last box of poptarts before tapping Marco's arm. "Fine, let's go." I walked over to the cashier who gave us weird looks.

"Halloween's a bit early, hm?" The cashier joked.

"It's... just a new trend we're trying," I answered casually. I looked over to Marco who was facepalming and shaking his head in shame.

"Okay, then."

.

.

.

I sat on the floor, playing a game no one probably even plays anymore, while Marco tossed his phone in the air and catching it, repeatedly.

I had one of those feelings again, where nothing is happening, but something is about to. And it's usually not good.

"My head's itching from that wig." Marco scratched his head.

"Well, keep scratching." I replied.

The door swung open and our manager walked in with a welcoming smile. "How you two been?" He asked as he gave us hugs, giving us a whiff of his nice flowery scent.

"Great, what about you?"

"Wonderful!"

"Alright, alright," Mr. Lester dusted off his tie. "Have a seat."

"Don't need to tell us twice, we're exhausted." I dropped my body carelessly onto the white leather couch.

"So we have most of the business taken care of - advertisements, promotions, tickets, stage production, staff, makeup, costumes, all that." He listed.

"The Meet-Up contest all set up?" I asked.

"Oui." He raised his hand, forming his fingers to an 'o'. "All we need to do now are rehearsal dates for choreography with the extras and all the other wow factor."

Marco and I nodded our heads.

Marco gasped, "Shaved birds?"

"Marco, that's a flamingo." I reminded.

"Sorry. Jet lag."

"I'm not to supposed to show you just yet but Mr. Howell seems like he's going to be late." Mr. Lester took off the towel covering his visual board, staring at it as he flipped his snazzy scarf over his shoulder.

"Mr. Howell? Who's that?" Marco questioned.

"You'll see. Anyway, in sequence of the show, the first chosen theme is tropical."

Mr. Lester laid out his posters, showing us the different costumes that will be part of the show. Of course, it wasn't gonna be casual or simple, rather they were quite flashy and very noticeable. Something that's just in your face. And I mean, giant sparkly tropical fruit that lights up and is covered in dreadful glitter. Unfortunately, that was for the backup dancers. Ours was still covered in glitter and lit up like a Christmas tree, but it was more sassy and formal, and less fruity. I really wanted to dance around as a pineapple. How cool would that be? Well, maybe just to me that's cool but still.

"Ooh, take out that one." Marco suggested, pointing at the last poster, which portrayed a sparkly hot dog. "It's kind of out of place."

"Got it," Lester snapped his fingers. "Next theme, ancient Egypt." He flipped the tropical posters, revealing  new designs on the back of each one.