10: if i could stay

play this song while u read its nice♡

***

I sipped on my small cup of coffee that had turned cold after being lost in my endless thoughts. I sat in the room, not participating in the meeting, and ignoring everyone else that was arguing about the costumes for the show.

"(Y/N)? You're so quiet what happened?" Lester asked.

I looked at him, while exhaustion was visible on my face - I could barely keep my eyes open. "Nothing."

"You look really tired. you can go home, sweetheart." Lester patted me on the back.

"It's okay, I'll just wait till we finish up." I smiled at Lester's kindness. If anyone's asking, he is definitely a keeper. Ahem, ahem, Mr. Howell.

And I did wait until the end of the meeting which wasn't too long. We basically kept all of our costumes except for two food choices- the sparkly hotdog and glittery tomato. It was unnecessary. Seriously.

It was worth my time however, as I have seen very interesting things. What are those things you may ask? Well, let's just say this tour's going to be doing a lot of fan service for those who stay up past midnight lurking on the "forbidden corners" of the internet. So, I'll leave that imagination up to you. Here's a hint: shirtless.

Thankfully, Levi wasn't here today. Which was such a great coincidence as to he was the last person I wanted to see today or any day. And I'm assuming they still don't know that I know about the whole "paying Ethan to ruin my life" thing.

Just before I left, Hanji caught up to ask me for a favor. "Oh hey! I'm really sorry I'm in a hurry I have to go somewhere but could you please drop off the bag I left at your house to my place? I really need it by tonight and I won't have time to pick it up from your flat-"

"Yes. Of course," I agreed without a thought.

"Ah, thank you so much. Okay, if no one answers the door, here's my keys. Gate code. And address. Feel at home. Thank you again, I gotta go." Hanji gave a quick hug before rushing out the door with her backpack hanging loosely on her shoulder.

And I sense Life stirring up another trouble to come my way. Because when did it not?

I was planning to take a nap since I had nothing else to do, until I remembered that I did have something to do. How could I have easily forgotten when I literally feel Hanji's key in my pocket?

I have never actually been to the place Hanji is currently staying in, nor any of the others. I assumed they all stayed at their own place but now that seems unlikely as Hanji quotes "if no one answers the door". And it couldn't be Hanji since she already mentioned not coming home until later on.

The drive there took about 15 minutes and since it was the only gated house that was quite extra with its fountain,  neatly groomed plants, and superior architecture - I didn't have to look for it.

I did as told, rang the doorbell, once, twice, thrice, and no one answered. I swung the keys on my finger, waiting another minute before I finally permitted myself to enter the house.

I looked around, taking in the beautiful mix of decos before letting out a timid yell. "Hello?"

No one answered. I didn't want to be nosy so I planned to just leave Hanji's bag where it would be visible, and then scram out of here. I decide to leave the duffle bag on top of the coffee table, but there was a change of plans. The sound of shattering ceramic echoed loudly in the kitchen alarmed me, and I jumped into defensive position, clutching the bag.