[book 2] 0.5: before the fall

YaLL READY?? ?

AUUUGUSSSTTTTTTT is HErE that was fast wAt imnotready4school

Welcome tO another TERRIble journey full of plot holes, confusing scenes, unedited and late updates, and random events! But we all here for da Mr Clean booty so ;;;)))

but anyway heres the sequel long awaited yeepyyyyy

***

3 years later

It has been three years. Levi and I had resorted to texting, calling, and video chatting every day. It wasn't easy being so far away from each other. We wanted to hug or hold hands but we could just pretend to do that inbetween our worlds separated by a screen. We'd stay up until midnight, and sooner or later, one of us falls asleep. Sometimes both.

I had been keeping in contact with the other former dance members whom are my best buddies, but after a year, that's when the whole 'moved away' thing kicks in, and we officially lost contact. It's not exactly any easier either when you had to change your phone number, email, and anything else to take a real step towards 'adulting' business.

And definitely hasn't been easy balancing our time for each other and our time for college. Especially when most of the nights we had stayed up talking late, we were also staying up to do our work. With Levi's abilities, he was easily accepted into a prestigious college. But prestigious meant more hard work. But even he was struggling to deal with all the challenges of college. It drained his time and energy for anything. All he could do was study for exams, and try to please his strict professors (not that kind of 'please', may I add) - and it was not easy, not even a little. Yet he still insists that we spend time for each other.

And I went to a performing arts school - which was also considered to be prestigious. It was common for people to fly over to France just to achieve their dream of attending that school, and because that was the case, they weren't going to make it easy for us. Things were taught somewhat better, and training was hard. They made sure you were determined to keep pushing through. I came home with bruises and an aching body, dancing all day. Even my mind was mentally hurt. My new bestfriend, Marco who I miracly met on the plane, was struggling as much as me.

But that was the problem. Struggling.

As more and more time passed, more and more of our time had been taken away and filled our hands with responsibilities, to the point it overflowed and we just couldn't carry any more.

And we kept trying.

However today had been a specifically harsh day. If my body hadn't had enough from all the practice, all the studying we still haven't conquered really tired me out. It was overwhelming and my mind was taunting me to quit, but that wasn't what I came here for, so I held on like gum stuck to a wall. I didn't really expect things to be this way at this point, but I promised to be ready when it came. I was on the verge of tears.

I laid sprawled on the bed, almost unable to move, and my body was completely sore. There was ice packs and heat pads stuck to different parts of my body, and none of it are helpful. It just felt like my body was experiencing all four seasons at once.

My bed wasn't exactly as comfy as it used be a long time ago. Instead of soft sheets and pillows, I was surrounded by hard books and bandages for my feet. I suddenly regret not enjoying my years of highschool, no matter how crappy it went. But what I most regret is not appreciating sleep while I had the chance to get all the sleep I wanted. Now, the only sleep I get was either five hours or less, and caffeine.

Marco was sleeping on my couch, who mumbled about Jean every once in a while. Silly goose talks about him enough when he's awake, but it's a little surprising that he even still thinks about him after all these years. I just hope Jean does the same. But even the innocent boy struggled to keep that smile of his on his face. Because this path we took was just that hard. I hate to complain because seriously though, prestigious school ain't nothing to complain about, but hey, #firstworldproblems.