⋆𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝒻 𝓇𝑜𝒸𝓀 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓇𝑜𝓁𝓁⋆

Y/N walked home from the store where she'd just brought herself some fancy hot chocolate pouches. She figured she'd use some of the abandoned marshmallows in the back of the kitchen cupboard and then settle down with a nice mug of hot chocolate. That might calm her down for a while.

Jacob's trial was coming up in a few days and the whole house was stressed over it. In a few days, Jacob could be declared guilty of killing Ben and be sent off to prison for 30 years. 30 years without her best friend. Well, she want sure if she'd still call him her best friend, he'd done some shitty things. Not to mention his mood changed about forty times a day. One moment he'd be trying to cuddle and watch a movie with her, the next he'd be pushing her against the kitchen counter and the next he'd be- tying to show her his dick. This boy had some issues.

But nonetheless, no matter how mad she got at him, one look at that smiling face and it was as if everything he'd done had just never happened. She definitely needed to sort that out.

Strangely enough, no matter how much evidence there was against Jacob and no matter how much his dark moments scared her, she was still convinced he was innocent. He wouldn't kill Ben, obviously, he knew how much she liked him and he wouldn't hurt her by taking him away. Would he? Of course he wouldn't..

Y/N walked back inside the Barbers house and put the hot chocolate pouches down on the kitchen counter. Andy walked in and picked up a couple of them, taking a closer look, "Ooh these look fancy." He said before pausing and looking at her, raising an eyebrow, "Tell me you didn't spend your allowence on these." He questioned.

Y/N smiled a little and shook her head, "No, not all of it. Just about ninety-five percent of it." She said with a grin on her face as she playfully snatched the pouches back from Andy and looked at the instructions on the back. "Soo," she started as Andy grabbed himself an apple and leaned against the kitchen counter, "Have you and Joanna got anything together to present in court?.."

It was a bit of a stupid question, she knew that him and Joanna had been working tirelessly with Jacob to get his sorry straight and come up with defences. They just hadn't told her much about it. Andy sighed softly and gave her a little smile, "Ah, you don't need to worry yourself about that, kiddo. It's all going to be fine." Andy responded before taking another bite of his apple. Y/N knew this was meant to reassure her but she couldn't help thinking that the look in his eye gave an entirely different response.

Y/N nodded softly and turned around, boiling the kettle so she could use the hot chocolate pouches, "Right.."

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N added a few marshmallows to her mug of hot chocolate. The marshmallows were a few days past the eat by date but she figured that they were mainly made of sugar and that they probably preserved themselves. Y/N took a deep sniff of the hot chocolate before walking over to the empty living room and switching on the TV.

She put the hot chocolate down on the table and them flicked through the channels before coming across one of those old TV shows that Andy liked to watch. She shrugged and smiled to herself as she let it play and snuggled up into a blanket.

Y/N took a sip of the hot chocolate and she wasn't entirely convinced the ouch was worth the money she paid for it but it wasn't too bad. She heard the stairs creak as someone walked down them and then she heard-

"Your watching this? You know my dad isn't here, right? You don't have to watch it to make him happy." Jacob said with a grin as he walked into the living room and sat down next to her.

Y/N studied his face in the light of the TV and saw that there was no darkness in his eyes and that he seemed perfectly happy. So she relaxed a little and assured herself she didn't need to be on the defence. She nodded and gave a smile, "Yeah, I know. I kind of like these shows."

Jacob squinted and shrugged a little, "Alright then, each to their own. What can I smell?" He asked as he sniffed before he eyed the hot chocolate on the table. "Oh, I didn't know mom brought that stuff. I'd have been at it ages ago otherwise." He chuckled softly as he looked at her with big eyes.

Y/N sighed softly and smiled, shaking her head a little, "Sure, go for it." She told him as she waved her hand towards the hot chocolate on the table. He giggled and picked up the hot chocolate and took a sip before squinting. "Ow, it's hot!"

Jacob put the hot chocolate down before he held his lip, Y/N laughed softly and shook her head- poking him playfully, "No shit, really? Well I mean, that would explain why it's called hot chocolate." She giggled and rolled her eyes.

Jacob laughed a little and took his hand away from his lip, leaning against the back of the sofa and budging up closer to her, "Could have warned me, almost lost my top lip to that hot chocolate." Y/N smiled and shook her head at him as he pulled some of the blanket over himself too. "I'll just let it cool."

Y/N laughed and covered her face for a moment, "God Jake, what a genius." She continued to laugh as she pulled her hands away from her face.

Jacob smiled and shrugged softly, "Einstein in the making, don't you think?" He asked her. He smiled softly and leaned his head against hers, hoping that the trial went the right way for him in the next few days so he could stay there. Stay there with Y/N. And he hoped that the stuff he had on that laptop never came to light.

+++++++++++++++++++++
Heyyy, here's another chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed a rare soft Jacob moment.

Don't forget to vote <3