Chapter 47- I don't want to feel

"I hurt myself today to see if I still feel       I focus on the pain the only thing that's real        The needle tears a hole the old familiar sting    Try to kill it all away but I remember everything                          What ha...

I focus on the pain the only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole the old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away but I remember everything
What have I become?"

           "I hurt myself today to see if I still feel       I focus on the pain the only thing that's real        The needle tears a hole the old familiar sting    Try to kill it all away but I remember everything                          What ha...

Darkness.

I was just lying barely breathing. Is this what death looks like? Because it's peaceful. I don't feel anything but peace. No pain. No voice. Nothing. It's a blessing. I can't hear the disappointment in anyone's voice, I can't feel the hatred, I can't feel anything. It's like I'm floating in the air. The air under me is calm, soft, and gentle. It raised me above the ground reaching the small light at the top of the sky. But it's far away I don't think I'll be able to reach it ever.

As the air lifted me towards the light I started to hear whispers around me. I could feel my surroundings now.

No!

Don't take me to the light. I want to go back. It's peaceful.

No matter how much I shouted the air lifted me up like I weighed nothing. Just as we were about to reach it, everything came at me at once. The pain, the voices, the heat, the presence around me. It isn't fair. I just wanted it all to be over. Why do I have to go through this?

It was getting hotter now. Too hot. I could feel something pressuring on my chest and stomach. Something was pulling me towards it. It's like my whole body was upside down. The air lifted me to the point where it was too difficult for me to open my eyes. I shielded them with my arms and the light submerged me into it. The moment it happened I screamed. I screamed so loud that I think everyone heard it. It hurt everywhere. My head hurts, arms, legs. Everything hurts so much. It's difficult to open my eyes and for one moment I don't even want them to open but then I remember. I wasn't alone here. He is here too. I forced my eyes to open and looked around myself.

We were in the car. I looked towards him and my heart broke. A sob escaped from my throat and my tears fell on him. This time he looked pale. His arms were still in a weird position where it looked like badly broken. The blood was still coming out of his head and stomach. But this time he was pale and his head was against the front of the car. I detached myself from my seat and fell right on top of him. He didn't groan this time in pain. He was silent. Too silent this time. I moved his head back to take a look at him.