Chapter 2 - First day of school

So this is the second chapter and I hope you guys like it too . Enjoyyyy 😊

This is an important announcement.
Please read this
In this book so far I have mentioned that Emma went through an incident which terrified her life . I said that this incident took place 3 years ago but now instead of 3 years that incident took place 2 years ago. I have tried to correct it in the chapters but if there is 3 years written somewhere ignore my mistake and just assume 2 years instead of that .
I m sorry for the mistakes .
Thank you
I love you all

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

They say that pain starts getting better with time. That it numbs away slowly and slowly and leaves in end. But how much time does it take away to go ?

How long before you stop feeling it ?

I forgot how it feels like to be without pain . This dark side of the world is that no one can escape from. Pain sometimes gives you satisfaction , it assures you that you are feeling something but pain sometimes gets to a point where you just want to rip that part of your body and let yourself free from pain.

No one , no one knows how to destroy this damn feeling. So they try to hide it in the deepest and hidden corner of their hearts so no one can see their pain. This is what people do. They put a smile on their face to fool the world that they are happy like them. But from deep inside that numbing pain is eating them alive. They laugh , they talk , they play with you but they never show you the pain they are getting everyday. The pain of even breathing. They just put a simple smile which ironically is the most difficult task to do when you really want to just turn and cry in the corner.

This is what I also have been doing from past 2 and a half years. I get up , go to school and put a fake smile which everyone think is true and just try to go through the day.

But the thing is am I really happy ? The clear answer is no. I'm not. Because simply I'm not .

This is the first day of our senior year in Riverside High School. A school I joined when I moved here last year. Now you would think that I'm one of those lonely main lead actress who have no friends and would always keep her nose in the books. You are wrong. I'm not alone. I never am. NEVER! I have my fair share of friends even though I can count the number of friends on my fingers but still 'quality is better than quantity' right?

I went to my closet and chose a white crop top with black high waisted jeans for my first day. I wanted to look good today because I thought that it was the time to move on. I really thought it was. I changed into them and then quickly applied mascara and lip gloss on my lips. May be this is what I need a new year and a new start.

I grabbed my locket from my nightstand which is the only thing that I have from my past because rest I have burnt or thrown away in order to forget them or buried in the far corners of my closet so that I can't see them.

I always wear this necklace and went downstairs to see my mum cooking in the kitchen.

" Good morning sunshine " she said and kissed my cheek .

" Morning mum" I replied and returned the gesture .

My mom looked at me as if making sure I'm okay or not and than resumed to whatever she was doing. I know she is worried about me.

I took a bowl and started making myself cereals because I like to eat light for school. I was eating peacefully on the dining table but that is until I heard a car horn. As soon as heard the car horn my phone started ringing.

My mom laughed because this has become a routine from now like 9-10 months. The minute the car honks a second later my phone will start ringing and luckily if I don't pick it up than mom's phone started ringing.

I quickly ate my cereals and started getting up.

" Bye mom , Evelyn is here so I'm going now because god knows what she'll do if I'm not out in 2 minutes." I ran towards the door and closed it but not before hearing my mum say bye to me .

" Hey babe, want a ride to school? " she said . I rolled my eyes at her playfulness. She is my best friend. She  is red headed gorgeous girl. Her long silky hair were let in there natural loose curls that even made me envious of her sometimes. How can someone have such beautiful hairs ? She is a beauty indeed. Her hazel eyes were the main beauty of her face. They were so beautiful and full of life and mischief.

"Come on Eve , let's go to school before we are late again like last year because you can't drive fast " I said to her while moving my index finger at her accusingly .

She dramatically gasped " You know you are the worst best friend anyone could ever get . I could have gone without you and yet here I'm stuck with you because you don't want to drive a car . God have mercy on this angelic soul that is me. "

"Hey, you know how much I love you for taking me school and by the way you are not an angelic soul. I hope I don't have to remind you why or in fact you do need a reminder." I playfully smacked her shoulder and smirked at her when she turned beetroot red .

"You are never gonna to let that go , are you ?"

" Nope , of course not . It is the only way I could change the color of your face to that of a tomato and use it as my ace card whenever I need to " I told her with a sweet smile .

" At least you could have refrained yourself in front of teachers. Mr K were looking at like I had grown two heads last year in his class." She shrieked.

" Oh my god. It was hilarious. He actually asked you in front of the whole class that why you were blushing while looking at him. Holy shit and you turned even more red." I was now on full blown laughing.

" Yeah! I think he thought that I have an crush on him or so." She scrunched her nose in disgust and I snickered while toppling with laughter and she soon joined me.

"You are gonna get the payback very soon " she said with total seriousness and for a second I was scared that she might hold something that can probably screw me for the whole year . But then I realize that school is gonna to start in 10 mins and we have to go now .

" Eve ,start the damn car because school starts in 10 mins and we have to go take the timetable from office and god have mercy on us if the first lecture is of Mrs Marie and if we are late then she is gonna to get us screwed at any cost " I said and her eyes widened in panic realizing the seriousness of our situation and she started the car without a uttering a single word.

This was the first time I saw my best friend drive above the speed of 50 in almost one year .

Well that's a success .

Thanks to me .

.................................
So how was it ? Please tell me your views in the comment section and please if you guys liked it even a little bit then please vote .