The Shameful Deeds I'm Proud Of

Scene 1: Addington High

Alison Sinclair

"Oh God, here she comes," Audrey says when we see Heather enter the room.

"What should we do?" I ask worriedly. I'm not as good as Audrey at giving her the silent treatment. I could hardly handle it yesterday at lunch. She sat with us and we acted as if we couldn't even see her. If it wasn't for Lisa inviting Heather to her table— I probably would've given in.

"Good morning," Heather says with a smile. Audrey looked up at her and then rolled her eyes before turning away toward me. "You're still not talking to me?" Audrey glanced at Heather and sneered. "Okay," Heather nodded, "you too, Ali?"

I sigh hopelessly, "Well, it's just that-"

"Shut up, Alison," Audrey harshly silences me.

"No, I want to hear it. What did I do that was so bad?"

"Is that a trick question?" Audrey scowls at her.

"You lied to us," I say.

"When did I ever lie?"

"You said you were dating a guy from St. James," I reply.

"No, I didn't," She denies, "I said my deb escort is from St. James, and he is."

Audrey scoffs through laughter, "So, this burnout is good enough for secret hookups, but you're too embarrassed to show the world what you're putting your mouth on?"

"If you can't even take him places, do you really think this is a good idea?" I ask.

She glares back at us like we hit a nerve, "his name is Leo, and I'm not embarrassed by him, okay? I like him, and as my friends, I would hope that you care that I am happy."

"If you're so happy, Heather, then why aren't you taking Leo?" Audrey challenges.

"Because he would hate it," she says as if it's blatantly obvious.

"Because he's not like us!" Audrey argues.

"You mean he's not like you."

"Exactly."

"Well, then you're right,"  She stands up, "he's not a bitch."

I gasp in surprise. "Heather-"

"Wow, Ali," Audrey interjects before I could reason with her, "I guess Jace isn't so crazy after all...those drugs are making her lose her goddamn mind."

Heather scoffs, "Excuse me?"

"Save it for the intervention, hon," Audrey responds before smugly pursing her lips and looking away.

I frown as Heather shakes her head at the both of us and moves to a desk on the other side of the class.

"I'm sorry," I mouth to her, but she places a book up so that she doesn't have to see us.

Scene 2: Chester High

Matthew Jensen

"I hate her," Dennis complains as we leave out of math.

"You know they say she was fucking one of the basketball players last year, right? He graduated and now she's a bitter hard-ass," Campbell replies.

"I thought the story was that she gave the whole basketball team head in the locker room?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You believed that?" Cam scoffs.

"If it's not true then which player's balls were in her court, huh?" I say skeptically.