All We Are Is Taken for Granted

Scene 1: Chester High - Locker room

Evan Andrews

"Hey, Andrews," Jared Ford, left fielder, called out as he tossed his used towel on the ground. "I heard you dumped Annette."

"Yeah," I nodded as I repacked my bag, "it was pretty brutal."

She started crying before I even finished saying 'I think we should break up.' I told her it wasn't her fault, but she just kept pestering me for an explanation.

"She's telling everyone you were stepping out on her or something." Sure, I admitted that there was someone else. "Julia made all the cheerleaders promise they'd stay away from you...for Annette's sake, I guess."

That's funny. Annette isn't even on the team, and Julia slipped her number into my locker the day after I broke up with Annette.

"Well, there's going to be a lot of broken promises," I shrug with a laugh.

"My man," Jared chuckles and walks over to high-five me.

"Forget those bitches anyway, you know?" Riley Mackett chimes in, and I cringe internally at how harsh he sounds. "There are hotter chicks at other schools."

"What do you know about girls at other schools?" Jared furrowed his eyebrows.

"My cousin goes to South East. I crashed a few parties. Including, a pool party...bikinis...then no bikinis," Riley smirked.

"Bullshit," Jared says skeptically.

Riley scoffed, "I'm serious! Don't believe me? I'll bring you with me."

"Now you're talking," Jared nods, "Evan, you in?"

"I don't know..." I shake my head, "I'm kind of with someone."

"One girl...or a dozen...skinny dipping?"

Riley and Jared both stare at me, waiting for me to change my mind.

"Come on, dude...what do you have to lose?"

Zach.

I promised him no more messing around.

The only reason I still have him is because I swore I wanted only him.

"So?" Riley questioned.

I laugh lightly, "you're right. I...I'm in." They smile and hurdle around me, "hello South East girls."

Scene 2: The Plaza Hotel

Trevor Bailey

"Oh good, you're awake," I look into the mirror above my dresser and see Alison tiredly sitting up.

"No," she groaned, "God, tell me we didn't-"

"Save your pleas. I didn't touch you," I shake my head in annoyance. "But- if I hadn't stepped in when I did, your buddies from last night definitely would've done something," I say in disgust, "I don't even want to think about it."

"I don't remember..."

"You wouldn't, side effect of Rohypnol...or GHB...I'm still not sure which one you were slipped."

"What?" She says, clearly a little horrified.

"Yeah, you should really watch who you go out with. I know you're trying to do this whole good girl gone bad thing to take advantage of what people are saying about you, but that doesn't mean you have to be stupid about it," I snap. "Don't worry though, the doctor said you were fine."