Born to Be Down

Scene 1: Addington High

Trevor Bailey

"Funny, I thought Addington was prided on its safety." I glance over at Heather whose eyes are locked on the officers passing by. "...you're not into handcuffs are you, Blakely?"

"What is going on?"

"They're doing locker searches."

"What are they looking for?"

I sigh and glance over at her, "I suppose it's my kind heart and disdain for Jace that's compelling me to actually tell you."

"...Tell me what?"

"You're lucky I like you, Heather," I roll my eyes. "I'd get to your boyfriend's locker if I were you. You know, before the dogs do."

"Leo is in this?" Her face twists with worry over her damsel.

The second bell rings signaling that most people should be in class right now. "And it's probably too late." Heather rushes off under the facade of being tardy, so it doesn't alert the police. I turn to leave as well but stop at the sight of Audrey desperately fishing through her locker. "You're a smuggler too, then?"

"Shut up, Trevor," she snaps, and a checkbook falls onto the floor.

"I'll get it," I sigh and reach down.

"Wait-"

"Ah, William Blakely?" I flip through the pages and raise an eyebrow at her, "Huh, something's changed about you. Did you do something different with your hair?"

"I found it," she snatches the booklet away from me. "I was going to give it to Heather."

"She went that way," I point, and a look of guilt wafts over her face. "Audrey, Audrey, Audrey...I'm so disappointed."

"I haven't used that much. Besides, one report of fraud to the bank and the money is returned."

"That makes it so much better."

"You can't tell anyone."

I smirk, "Of course not."

"I mean it, Trevor."

"Well, my silence is not free."

Her eyes look me up and down. "...What do you want?"

"Your assistance."

"With?"

"You have a way with making women insecure, don't you?"

She rolls her eyes, "get to the point."

"I need you to be my girlfriend."

"Ew, no."

Rude.

"Just for my father and Vivian. We'll be happy lovers and you will break down her self-esteem."

"Who is Vivian?"

"No one, and that's what you'll tell her."

"I don't want to."

"And I don't want to make you but with all the favors I've done for you...when will I ever be repaid? Such a simple task too, just come and be yourself, that's all I'm asking."

Audrey huffs and lets it mull over in her head. She doesn't have much of a choice...

"Fine, but don't kiss me."

"Wouldn't dream of it...honey."

Scene 2: Danny's Van

Leo Rylin