A Drunken Mistake - I can't wait to meet them.

Hello people!

I'm in shock right now. This story has suddenly had a wave of new readers and love and I'm seriously in a happy shock right now. Thank you to every single person that reads this book. I have dragged it out and spent far too long writing it and far far too long promising quick uploads and then letting you guys down. But the fact that people still read this physically makes me want to jump with joy. Every single one of you is amazing, awesome and brilliant!

Anyways, carrying on with the story. Since it's coming to an end now, it's not really all that fasincating, just general chapters now that will lead me to the end. 

However, I still hope you enjoy this chapter and continue to tell me what you think! I love it when you all do!

Okay thank you one and all, know on with the reading...

Enjoy

"Isn't that what friends are for, to raise you up and keep you at your best?"

Dylan’s POV

We’ve found a house in England.

It has three bedrooms, a massive kitchen and a garden. Our children could run around until their hearts content and then fall asleep in their very own bedroom.

It’s everything I’ve ever dreamed off.

The only problem is it’s hundreds of miles away from my best friend.

Kyle’s not accepted the fact that we’re moving. Even though we’ve started boxing up Katy’s room and I’ve gone back to my apartment to pack my stuff up too. Even though the offer has been accepted on the house and our tickets to England have been booked. Kyle still seems to think we’ll change our minds.

“Come on dude, we have tickets to see the Lakers in April, you can’t go to England before then!” Kyle tries to bargain with me. Wow, I forgot about that.

“You’ll just have to take someone else. What about Mark, or Jonathon?” I suggest.

“Please, like I would want to go with Mark to spitter or Jonathon the whiner. I have standards you know Dylan.”

“Okay, well then I guess you’re going alone.”

“NO!” Kyle shouts while stomping his foot like a child. I’m in such shock I drop the ornament I was packing. Well, Katy’s not going to be happy about that.

“Dude seriously, what’s your problem,” I ask in disbelief at his sudden childish behaviour. I mean, I know Kyle is seriously immature, but never like this.

“You can’t be moving dude, you just can’t be,” he finally sighs out, looking devastated. I never knew Kyle was really this sad about me moving.

“Dude, you’ll never not be my best friend. You know that right?” I ask, walking over to rest my hand on his shoulder.

“Oh please, you’ll be surrounded by the English; you’ll make another best friend in minutes. And let’s not forget the fact you’ll have a baby soon. You’ll be in England, talking about diapers and bottles and tea with all your English friends and I’ll be here listening to the spitter and the whiner,” Kyle rants. I can’t help but laugh at his rant.

“Like that’ll ever happen. Please, can you imagine me talking about nappies and bottle twenty four seven? If I ever do I think I’ll have to get Katy to shoot me,” I laugh. Kyle joins in.

“I’m really gonna miss you man,” Kyle sighs.

“I’m really gonna miss you too Kyle,” I reply.

Kyle pulls me into a man hug, and subtly, I hear him sniffle in my ear. I can’t help but sniffle back.

I’m really going to miss my best friend.

“Ah, look at the happy couple. Hey, maybe one of these two wants to wear your new heels in for you Katy,” Amy laughs.

Kyle and I quickly separate, mopping our eyes to hide the evidence of the tears.

“Aw, I find a man that can cry extremely hot,” Katy winks at me, “I think it’s manly.” I see Kyle puff his chest out at this. He loves being called manly.

I pull Katy to me, wrapping my arms around her stomach from behind.

“Sexy huh?” I whisper in her ear.

“Mmmm, very sexy,” she whispers back.

This girl will always have the amazing ability to make me catch my breath.

“Okay, you two seriously need to stop getting so caught up in each other, there are others in the room you know,” Amy fake scolds, a smile spreading across her face.

“I’ll try to remember that,” Katy says, moving away as she sees the shattered ornament on the floor.

She turns to look at me, eyebrows raised.

“What happened here?” she asks, not looking impressed.

“Dylan dropped it!” Kyle screams, before grabbing Amy by the arm and running from the room.

Well… thanks a lot, ‘best friend’.

After the mess was cleaned up, and I was made to promise to buy Katy another ornament, we decide to all go out for Chinese food.

I love hanging out as a four, Amy and Kyle make a seriously cute, and hilarious, couple.

“I’m just saying, if aliens existed, don’t you think they’ll be pretty pissed that we’re stereotyping them. I mean what if they’re not green, what if they’re blue and are highly offended that we’ve painted them as green,” Amy argues. The argument about why aliens haven’t made contact with us has been going on between Kyle and Amy for the last twenty minutes.

“No, I think it’s because we’re not friendly enough. I mean, look at every sci fi movie about aliens there’s ever been. In every one, we tear the aliens apart to see how they work. If I saw that, I know I would keep my distance,” Kyle argues back.

“Hmm…. Either way I think we owe an apology to the aliens,” Amy suggests.

“Agreed, sorry aliens!”

“Sorry aliens!”

Thank god, that’s over.

“You two done?” Katy asks, while trying not to laugh at them.

“I believe so,” Amy agrees.

“Finally! I’m starving and your alien argument has scared off the waiter five times now,” Katy states, waving over the waiter to finally take our order.

“Sorry Katy,” Kyle apologises, knowing that it’s not wise to piss off a pregnant, hungry Katy.

“It’s okay, but I get your spring roll from the sharing platter.”

“HA!” Amy exclaims, laughing in Kyles face.

“Yours too Amy, you’re also a part of the reason that I haven’t been fed yet.”

Amy’s mouth drops in disbelief. I can’t help but sit back and watch the show unfold around me; actually, I wish I had some popcorn to enjoy the show with.

“Well, you two will certainly make great parents. I mean look, you have Katy to scold and Dylan to sit back and find the whole thing funny. Typical parents,” Amy smiles.

I can’t help but look over and Katy and smile. I think we will make great parents. We spent our whole lives learning what not to do, we know exactly what we needed to make our childhoods happier, and now we can give it to our children.

Don’t get me wrong, we’ll make mistakes and at some point our child will exclaim the words ‘I hate you’, but as long as they know they are loved and that we are always here for them, I can’t see how we can go wrong.

Well, we’ll soon find out if that’s true.

Katy’s due date is getting closer and closer, and soon, they’ll be another person in our lives.

I can’t wait to meet them.