A Drunken Mistake - "a perfect end to a perfect date"

Sorry it's taken me so long to write this, I really need to keep a track of my writing 

Thank u for sticking with me if your still reading 

Please vote and comment as always, let me know what you think 

Thank you 

Enjoy  <3

'I get the best feeling in the world when you say hi or even smile at me because I know, even if its just for a second, that I've crossed your mind.'

Katy’s POV

He takes my hand in his, gently pulling me to his awaiting car. He looks seriously handsome in his simple black and white suit, Dylan Thompson, I’m impressed.

“So, where are you taking me this fine evening?” I ask as he opens the door for me and I climb into the front seat of his car.

“Well now, if I told you that it wouldn’t be much of a surprise now would it?” he laughs as I glare at him.

“God, what’s up with you and your surprises? You know I hate them.”

He laughs his charming laugh as he drives down the quiet streets to where ever it is we’re going.

“Believe me; this surprise is going to be worth it.”

We sit in a comfortable silence for a little while, both just relaxed in each other’s company.

“You really do look stunning tonight. Where did you get the dress?” he asks looking at me out of the corner of his eye.

I blush at his kind words, looking down at my feet. Man I really need to get used to hearing compliments.

“Thank you, it was my mums. I found it at the bottom of my memory box, she gave it to me at some point but I never got it.  She told me to look after it for her and I swear I’m going to keep that promise, she really loved this dress. It’s the one mum wore for Dad on their first date, he used to tell me all the time that the minute he laid eyes on her he fell head over heels in love.” I sigh.

Their love was so beautiful; from the minute they met to the minute they died they were completely smitten with each other. They never fell out of love; instead they told me they would fall in love all over again every single day.

They were truly the perfect couple.

“Sounds like the fairy-tale everyone wants. They were lucky, not many people get what they had. I mean, look at my folks, constantly fighting always at each other’s throats, only together because of the fame. What your parents had was special.” He says with a faraway look in his eyes.

“Yeah I know I saw it every day. They were perfect for each other. You think you’ll ever find something like that?” I ask.

“I think I already have…” he whispers.