A Drunken Mistake - Dear Katy

If you guys want to kill me, I completely understand!

I'm promised faster uploads and I broke that promise. I'm so sorry! I'll be better!

I can feel this story coming to a close and it makes me sad, I don't think I'm ready to leave Dylan and Katy just yet.

But anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter. To make up for the wait, I made it 11 pages of word!

Please let me know what you think, it brings a massive smile to my face when you do!

Thank you :)

Enjoy <3

'True love is rare, and it's the only thing that gives life real meaning.'

Dylan's POV

Family is a hard concept for me to understand. I've never really had a family, not in the conventional sense anyway. I've never had the loving mother and father. I grew up in a world where those things weren't the norm.

Love was never around me growing up and so it was always hard for me to grasp the idea of it. Before I went to school or started to watch normal TV shows, I always thought my life was the norm.

I always believed that everyone else's family was just like mine, and everybody was treated the way that my parents treated me. But soon, I started to understand that I was a part of the unfortunate few whose parents never showed them love, and from that moment on I had to come to terms with the fact that this was just how it was for me.

I always resented them for never showing me what it was like to be loved. I believed that I had missed out on a major life lesson. Katy was the one to teach me this.

After reading their letter, I understand my life better now. It wasn't that I was never loved; it was just that I was never shown love. They hated me, but not in the way that I always believed.

I grew up thinking that they resented me coming along and destroying their happy lives. Looking on it now, I wasn't hated by them; I was hated by the drugs.

Just like it was for Katy and Sarah, the drugs controlled my parents too. It made them see things in a different way to me, and this is what caused them the hatred.

It was sad, because beneath all of the mistreating, I really did love my parents. They were the ones to bring me into this world after all, even though my mother never wanted to, and I can't hate the ones that gave me life.

If they weren't on all the drugs and maybe if they weren't famous, then maybe they would have loved me. Maybe we would have had a normal family life and I would have been happy.

But if my parents weren't famous, they never would have met, meaning no me being born. And if my life wasn't miserable, than I wouldn't have gone looking for Katy.

If I wasn't as unhappy with my life as I was, if me and my life were normal, I might have discarded that painting when I had found it. The sadness in the eyes wouldn't have touched me as much as it did, and I wouldn't have cared as much as I did.

I can't hate my life or my parents for happening the way it did, because it lead me to the best thing I've ever had.

Without the hatred and the misery, I wouldn't have the happiness that I have now.

I just wish that I'd had the opportunity to tell my parents all of this. I wish I would have been able to tell them that I loved them, and tell them that I forgave them.

I wish they knew that no matter how much they messed me up, I was still happy and had the most amazing girl here with me.

I should have been able to tell them that I stopped resenting them, and just felt sorry for them instead. They wanted the fame, but they never wanted the conditions that came with it. My mum never wanted to marry my dad, just as he never wanted to marry my mum.