A Drunken Mistake - Dylan's Prologue

So, here's Dylan's Prologue....

Hope you like it!

Enjoy <3

' Fate – everything happens for a reason. And when fate happens look for the good in it as it is there.'

Prologue – Dylan's POV

Life is strange. It has a habit of knocking the wind out of you. Of changing your whole point of view and just simply messing things up.

Fate is strange too. People say it's there for a reason. There to restore the balance of life and to put everything back on the right track.

They cancel each other out. Life's there to mess everything up and fates there to put back again.

Fate works slightly different for me. It doesn't put everything back together again, it only makes it worst.

Most people think I shouldn't have anything to complain about, that my life must be perfect because I have money and fame. I can tell you now that money isn't everything and it can't buy you happiness. You need other things in life to truly make you happy.

Like love, the unconditional kind you get from families and friends, the unconditional love of someone you're in love with. Without all that then what's the point to life. You can have gadgets, money, nice clothes and all the alcohol you can drink but it can never fill the empty void of not being loved.

I was never loved. I was an accident, a drunken mistake.
I was never wanted, never needed, never liked.

I was just like hundreds other babies that was a poor decision made through too much alcohol and the heat of the moment and my parents never let me forget it.

Every argument and every fight, their winning line is always 'we never wanted you anyway,' and it always has its desired effect. It shuts me up, shuts me down and makes me feel unwanted all over again. If you hear something enough times you start to believe it.

You start to believe that you're unwanted and unliked, never needed and never loved and it destroys you.

So now I'm stone. I sleep with any girl that opens her legs to me and drink away my sorrows into any alcohol I can find. I don't make friends and I detach myself from the girls as soon as I've got what I wanted. Why stick around to be told what I've been told all my life.

That I'm unlovable.

I know I have been blessed in the looks department, but with parents like mine that were models in the past, no one was really surprised when I came out just as good looking as them. Girls seem to flock to me with my sandy blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, plump lips and defined cheekbones that show I've gotten both of my parent's looks.

But none of the girls that flock to me are the ones I want. They don't interest me, or catch my attention. They're only good for one thing and that's all I use them for, and they should know it.

They try to change me, claim they love me, say that they'll do anything for me, but I know what people are like. I know that as soon someone else comes along or they realise what I'm like underneath the front I put up, they'll leave me and I'll knocked back down again. Left to feel like I do after every fight I have with my parents or like I do every time I sober up.

Worthless.

To say that my parents have ruined me would be an understatement.

So now I hide behind the front I've put up, a front that makes my parents happy. I act cool and collected, carefree and happy.

I act like the bad boy, the rebel, the guy fathers tell their daughters to stay away from because it looks good for my parents. Makes them look good for raising such an amazing son that they pretend to love and pretend to care about, when they really couldn't care less.

I'm just a publicity stunt, someone to make my parents look good to the media, when really I'm nothing like that.

I'm not the bad boy rebel with an attitude, I'm just me. A guy that's broken inside and will never be put back together.

Or that's what I thought, but like I said, life has a way of changing things.